'See in Second Life' link is broken" button.

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want a "Report 'See in Second Life' link is broken" button for Marketplace stores. I'm tired of being sent from Marketplace to nowhere. Or high altitude nowhere. Or into somebody's house. Or to a vacant lot. Or some irrelevant store where it takes a while to realize the stuff you're looking for isn't going to be there. Dead sellers need to be flushed out of Marketplace, or sent off to Legacy Marketplace or something.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, animats said:

... Dead sellers need to be flushed out of Marketplace, or sent off to Legacy Marketplace or something...

I thought they had been ? ( 5 year no login flushed out ) Anyway, I spent flippin' ages removing the visit links from my MP adverts. There's still a few to clean up, I'll keep at it. From a sellers side of the coin I wish they'd make a Global link change button. 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, rasterscan said:

I thought they had been ? ( 5 year no login flushed out ) Anyway, I spent flippin' ages removing the visit links from my MP adverts. There's still a few to clean up, I'll keep at it. From a sellers side of the coin I wish they'd make a Global link change button. 

You can mass update at least the listing. On listing form select multiple then hit edit

1104516474_multiupdate.PNG.f286b6a2ade3224011a4ea20ceb00236.PNG

The SLURL field ('see item at') is one that can be mass changed. Had to do it a couple of times. OFC, my shops tend to be only 32 by 32m in well signposted levels so its pretty easy.

Use as always at your own risk. (Names have been changed to protect the innocent).

• Moderators

Greetings all!

Unfortunately, the links to the sellers store, or items, is entirely up to the seller themselves, so having a report option on those links wouldn't alert the seller and instead would end up being reported to Linden Lab, who has no control or oversight over the links.

If a seller has a main in world store, they should use the Link to In World Store option on the main Store Information page.  This link is what shows up in the options on the left of the sellers main store. 

The SLurl on the item listing itself is a way for sellers to include a link directly to the item location in world, as long as the seller doesn't have a Landing Point set on their land.  This can be an excellent resource for sellers who have large items, like houses, or big builds, where the buyers may want to be able to see the item rezzed before purchasing it. 

The item SLurls must be changed per item listing, which is why they should not be used as a general Store Link and shouldn't be used if the seller has a set landing point, as the landing point will override any other location SLurl for individual items on parcel.

Sellers can bulk update 100 items at a time to remove the SLurl from the listings through their Manage Listings page. Unfortunately, the more listings, the long this process will take. 

Just wanted to note that customers certainly CAN contact the seller and let them know. It is possible of course that the seller isn't around any longer, but sometimes mysterious things happen in the Marketplace database (I have no clue but a database guru tells me that yes it is a problem and yes, sometimes it is a mystery LOL). 

Anyway, just a week or so ago someone let me know that the link to my store wasn't going to a store. I asked which product and it turned out it was the MAIN store link for the whole store, not an item listing. I had moved almost a year ago and it had been correct for a long time. I fixed it right away of course and thanked her for letting me know. When people have hundreds of items on the Marketplace it isn't a good use of time to check weekly to see if ALL those links are still correct.

Not saying this is the most common reason for the problem, but it isn't always that the seller is flakey and just didn't change those links.  I even had the link in my profile switch back after many months.  So things DO happen and it isn't ALWAYS the person's fault who "seems" to be a the one responsible :D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikka Luik said:

You can mass update at least the listing. On listing form select multiple then hit edit

1104516474_multiupdate.PNG.f286b6a2ade3224011a4ea20ceb00236.PNG

The SLURL field ('see item at') is one that can be mass changed. Had to do it a couple of times. OFC, my shops tend to be only 32 by 32m in well signposted levels so its pretty easy.

Use as always at your own risk. (Names have been changed to protect the innocent).

That only works for folks that have a single SLURL for their store. Anyone with a large store or demo area often has DIRECT LINKS to items so folks don't have to wander around forever looking for something. And it is a super pain and takes DAYS to redo when needed. Hence those of us with that method don't move all that often (me twice in eight years). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.