Sail boats for lots of people

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are a bazillion boats out there, most made for only two people to be aboard at once. I’m looking for a sail boat that has a large passenger/crew capacity so that I can bring larger groups of people out sailing with me. Bonus points if the boat is a decent racer in any category. 

Right now I have my eye on the Bandit 55 or Bandit 60, but I am wondering if anyone else out there knows a good sail boat with a large passenger capacity?

Plus it looks like there hasn’t been a sailing thread in a log time, so time to have one. 🙂

9 hours ago, animats said:

The more people you put in a vehicle, the worse SL region crossings work.

There are some large, complex military ships, but if you have a big sea battle, it doesn't go well.

Is that a naval tactic in SL?  Drive the opponent into a region boundary and watch them sink?

Winnie, I have a steampunk airship whose passenger gondola is sort of shaped like a boat.  It seats a pilot and two gunners...possibly more, I don't recall.  The blimp made by Cubey Terra could haul a fair number of passengers.  If you like classic sailboats rather than modern, the larger Trudeau yachts will seat several passengers. 

Edited by Lindal Kidd

The Katamaran by Michie's Marine has a pretty high capacity. Be careful though it is freaking fast and looses folks on sim crossings a lot (maybe I should not have added so many sit targets though - mine has 6 sit targets more than the original). I found by adding additional AV-Sitter targets to her Mekong Cruiser I got a boat better suited for travelling in groups.

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.