What makes you block someone?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I typically block anyone who's name I'd ever seen on SLUniverse before 2012, or anyone who turns out to be a racist, libertarian, or misogynist. Most of the people on my post-SLU block list, and about half of those from the SLU-list have long since left or been banned from SL itself from factors having nothing to do with me, as once I've blocked them I don't ever cycle back to them.

I do temp block people that spam me or who's objects spam me - but I usually remove these after a bit and if the spam doesn't come back they don't get blocked again.

So you somehow managed to find out my SL last name on my main account (that was never used on SLU), locate the account which hasn't existed since 2005/6 and block me on that account? Wow. That's some sleuthing since no on SLU ever knew the last name on that account.

I have the feeling your memories of that time period are vastly different from mine and others who were witnesses.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

I feel like a meanie now reading everyone's replies. :S

1. How liberal are you with the block/mute feature? I guess I am liberal with my block button compared to most here. It has a few objects on it, stores that I cannot unsubscribe from, but it is mostly people. I'm not in world now but I would guess that I have 20 to 25 people on it and 8 to 15 stores on it.

2. What sort of offending action does someone have to do to make it onto your list? It mostly has people that come to my home who are not invited and/or cause issues, they get added to the land ban list too. I live in a closed skybox and my land is not listed, plus I have had the land for 9 years. If you end up in my house you did it on purpose, its not an accidental teleport. To keep the sim nice, we don't use ban lines or restrict it by group (build is of course restricted to my group), and I just really hate security orbs. The rest on the list are verbally abusive people, creeps who don't understand no or send unsolicited (which they always are) below the belt pics, and jerks that I have come across in my 9-ish years here. Honestly I have taken very few people off my block list cause I just don't care to. To me, block/mute is a piece of mind and is a tool to aid my in-world enjoyment. 

If I don’t want to interact with someone for any reason I block them. The only exception is if I am having to provide support — I consider support as part of the price. But after I have courteously provided the support, anyone who at any point has accused me of scamming, cheating, lying, etc. , gets blocked, often after being invited to shop elsewhere in the future.  

Life is too short to spend even ten more seconds than necessary with these people. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.