Can't update postepay credit card on the SL site x-x

Armando Xofan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, having a problem with the update of the credit card which is Postepay, i put everything even the cardholder's name which has my real name, but idk why everytime i complete and confirm, it takes a while to load next and then he says that they are unable to do that x-x hope L.L will fix it .-., i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, hope to get good answers.

12 answers to this question

I am not familiar with Postepay, but you should be aware that Linden Lab only accepts a limited number of credit cards (and very few prepaid credit cards of any kind.

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

If you are having problems using a verified card and it is on that list, you should either submit a support case or call the Linden Lab billing office during work hours.

The Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday. 
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

Edited by Rolig Loon

1 hour ago, Armando Xofan said:

Hi, having a problem with the update of the credit card which is Postepay, i put everything even the cardholder's name which has my real name, but idk why everytime i complete and confirm, it takes a while to load next and then he says that they are unable to do that x-x hope L.L will fix it .-., i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, hope to get good answers.

most info i find about Postepay* is that it most likely is a debit card, and no creditcard. That might explain it is refused.

* the info i can read at least :) most is not translated

Edited by Ethan Paslong

3 minutes ago, Armando Xofan said:

well, it worked on Steam and Battle.net (Blizzard)

Other game sites may not have the same requirements that SL has for the cards it accepts.   Are you able to set up either a paypal or skrill account and then use the card to add funds to that?  (The paypal or skrill account will need to be a verified account - which is a process done on their site - before being added as a payment method in your SL account).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Armando Xofan said:

well, it worked on Steam and Battle.net (Blizzard)

Steam and Battle.net are not Second Life.  Debit cards are not acceptable forms of payment here.  As Moira says, a verified PayPal account is quite acceptable, so you may use your debit card to satisfy PayPal's requirements for verification.  If you do that, you will simply need to be sure that your PayPal account always has a sufficient USD balance to handle any bills from Linden Lab instantly.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Other game sites may not have the same requirements that SL has for the cards it accepts.   Are you able to set up either a paypal or skrill account and then use the card to add funds to that?  (The paypal or skrill account will need to be a verified account - which is a process done on their site - before being added as a payment method in your SL account).

already tried and nothing, but ill see what i can do with paypal, because i've updated also on paypal about my new credit card.

2 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:
16 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Debit cards are not acceptable forms of payment here. 

It really depends on the card. I use a debit mastercard for SL without problems.

I should be careful to qualify that. It does really depend on the card. Thank you.  Almost all debit cards are not acceptable forms of payment here.  Some debit cards that were acceptable in the past may continue to be allowed until they need to be renewed, and some debit cards issued outside the U.S. may be acceptable because they conform to a different accounting standard than most U.S.-based ones do.  As a general rule, however, the large majority of debit cards will not work in SL, so most people should avoid them and use a true credit card, PayPal, or Skrill account.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.