Banned from SL for 3 days

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I was just banned from second life for three days.

Someone was trolling me, and I responded, and I guess he has more power than I do.

I have been in sl for about seven years (I can't verify that now since I am banned). I have had several businesses, and still have a marketplace business. I can't even begin to count how much money I have spent in second life.

I am leaving second life, as much as that causes me great pain, but I am not willing to stay in a place where this can happen.

I know there will be ugly and trolling responses, but I just had to share this in a place where people would understand how big it is.

My best to all the good people in second life. I have enjoyed it in ways I can't express.

From experience it stings, but the three days is over pretty quickly, and the sting does numb pretty quickly.

If you come back, come back with grace and style and don't bite at the troll. But either way, look to your friends. Consider them in any final descision you do make, don't just dissapear off the face of the earth for them.

As always the circle of people who know and appreciate you is far bigger then you realise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Hello

I was just banned from second life for three days.

Someone was trolling me, and I responded, and I guess he has more power than I do.

I have been in sl for about seven years (I can't verify that now since I am banned). I have had several businesses, and still have a marketplace business. I can't even begin to count how much money I have spent in second life.

I am leaving second life, as much as that causes me great pain, but I am not willing to stay in a place where this can happen.

I know there will be ugly and trolling responses, but I just had to share this in a place where people would understand how big it is.

My best to all the good people in second life. I have enjoyed it in ways I can't express.

Trolls are often expert at knowing where the line is drawn and getting you to step over it while they don't quite do so. They have no more power in sl than you. Support merely looked at what was said and sentenced you. They might also have sentenced the troll but you won't know that necessarily. Treat it as a learning exercise and as someone said 3 days isnt that long

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

From experience it stings, but the three days is over pretty quickly, and the sting does numb pretty quickly.

If you come back, come back with grace and style and don't bite at the troll. But either way, look to your friends. Consider them in any final descision you do make, don't just dissapear off the face of the earth for them.

As always the circle of people who know and appreciate you is far bigger then you realise.

Grace and style is not what came to me, and not how I will respond now.

If this is how second life works- people are *****ty to you, complain, and I get banned for three days, this is not a place I want to be.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Trolls are often expert at knowing where the line is drawn and getting you to step over it while they don't quite do so. They have no more power in sl than you. Support merely looked at what was said and sentenced you. They might also have sentenced the troll but you won't know that necessarily. Treat it as a learning exercise and as someone said 3 days isnt that long

I do appreciate the two responses here, but I am leaving. 

It would be so nice if one person gave me a nice goodbye.

Both Callum and Kanry made some good points above.  I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you, and obviously each person will react to this type of circumstance in the way that they feel is best for themselves. 

However, as you do have a business in SL and have been in SL for quite awhile, have you considered just taking a break from the Forums for awhile? I think it'd be a shame to give whomever it was that was trolling/reporting you the satisfaction of knowing that you're leaving altogether.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You do know complaining about forum moderation is likely to cause you more bother?  Check the forum guidelines :/ 

This is exactly the kind of post that to me is trolling, unnecessary, unhelpful, and in this case callous and unfeeling.

This poster must have felt some kind of satisfaction in the post, but omg really?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

This is exactly the kind of post that to me is trolling, unnecessary, unhelpful, and in this case callous and unfeeling.

This poster must have felt some kind of satisfaction in the post, but omg really?

I think  Cindy was merely trying to be helpful and point out that pursuing that line might cause you more issues. At the end of the day however like all moderation it comes down to they arent arbitrating on who started it . They are merely looking at whats said and does it break TOS if so its a ban.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Seriously?  I was just passing on information.  I don't know you or what they banned you for but i do know people who have had their bans extended for bringing it up on the forums.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

I think  Cindy was merely trying to be helpful and point out that pursuing that line might cause you more issues. At the end of the day however like all moderation it comes down to they arent arbitrating on who started it . They are merely looking at whats said and does it break TOS if so its a ban.

Kanry, I'm sure you mean well, but that thing is one of my trolls.

Also, I said I was leaving second life, so telling me how I am managing the forums wrong is completely not helpful or relevant. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

Seriously?  I was just passing on information.  I don't know you or what they banned you for but i do know people who have had their bans extended for bringing it up on the forums.  

Cindy, Your post was not helpful or relevant. If you read my original post, you will see that I am leaving second life.

I'm sure you found some kind of satisfaction by posting here, but it was not helpful.

You can actually prove a point for me now about the forums. Since I have said your post is unhelpful and unwelcome to me, the right thing to do would be to not post in this thread again. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Administrators

Hello Annabell Wandsworth,

If you have any questions or concerns regarding action taken upon your account, you may file an appeal that will be reviewed accordingly by submitting a Support Case:

https://support.secondlife.com/

When interacting with others on the forums it is best to adhere to the Terms of Service and the Community Guidelines to avoid any issues. We strongly encourage not engaging with those that you may have an issue with, and either block or take any disputes elsewhere aside from the forums as it is not appropriate for the Second Life Forums.

Since also discussing any actions taken upon accounts is also not appropriate for the forums, I will be closing this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.