Abanonded Land - How long does it take to open/auction?

foxfirestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So,
I'm new to this whole buying land thing and I get the general gist of of Buying, selling, and checking out land. The part I can never find much information on is with Abandoned Land. I know if you are interested in a section, you send a support ticket, you give a link to where it is, you let them know you are interested in this much space--- and then send.. and wait.

What I am trying to figure out is, given you don't know if they WILL give you the land (well, to buy anyways) or auction it off, if waiting around is the wise idea. Mostly because like in my case, I did send it a ticket for abandoned land, asking for about 2200 in size, sitting on L, but I did find two plots I can afford that are roughly going to come out the same. Just 200 less in size... I am worried they are going to get bought up-- and their a dang good price.

However that spot I am asking Linden to open back up-- is also a really good, quiet location.

I guess the long story short of it is... How long does it take Linden to get to land tickets, back with you, and that whole process there in? Does anyone have any history with doing this?
Also the land that was left behind goes back to 2016... Its an old, forgotten land!

22 minutes ago, foxfirestorm said:

So,
I'm new to this whole buying land thing and I get the general gist of of Buying, selling, and checking out land. The part I can never find much information on is with Abandoned Land. I know if you are interested in a section, you send a support ticket, you give a link to where it is, you let them know you are interested in this much space--- and then send.. and wait.

What I am trying to figure out is, given you don't know if they WILL give you the land (well, to buy anyways) or auction it off, if waiting around is the wise idea. Mostly because like in my case, I did send it a ticket for abandoned land, asking for about 2200 in size, sitting on L, but I did find two plots I can afford that are roughly going to come out the same. Just 200 less in size... I am worried they are going to get bought up-- and their a dang good price.

However that spot I am asking Linden to open back up-- is also a really good, quiet location.

I guess the long story short of it is... How long does it take Linden to get to land tickets, back with you, and that whole process there in? Does anyone have any history with doing this?
Also the land that was left behind goes back to 2016... Its an old, forgotten land!

Auctions are still down and being worked on according to the grid status.  The last update on that being 2nd November

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/t9pl3rrl7g03

When I requested a parcel of abandoned land to be sold to me it took about 4/5 days for them to reply and tell me the parcel was set to sell to me BUT  I had adjoining land on the same region which is one of the main criteria they look for when selling abandoned parcels.   If they do reply to your ticket you can just respond to it telling them you have found something else and don't require it anymore and they will remove the sell.  They give you 24 hours anyway before they will take it back. 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Auctions are still down and being worked on according to the grid status.  The last update on that being 2nd November

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/t9pl3rrl7g03

When I requested a parcel of abandoned land to be sold to me it took about 4/5 days for them to reply and tell me the parcel was set to sell to me BUT  I had adjoining land on the same region which is one of the main criteria they look for when selling abandoned parcels.   If they do reply to your ticket you can just respond to it telling them you have found something else and don't require it anymore and they will remove the sell.  They give you 24 hours anyway before they will take it back. 

Thanks for the reply!
It helped me decide what I am going to do currently and its good information to know.

Hopefully they get that auction house fixed! Seems to be kinda messing with a ton of people's days here as of late.

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

When I requested a parcel of abandoned land to be sold to me it took about 4/5 days for them to reply and tell me the parcel was set to sell to me BUT  I had adjoining land on the same region which is one of the main criteria they look for when selling abandoned parcels.   If they do reply to your ticket you can just respond to it telling them you have found something else and don't require it anymore and they will remove the sell.  They give you 24 hours anyway before they will take it back

The 'adjoining' land isn't required criteria anymore - though it might be again in the future.  When they bumped our tier from 512 to 1024, they started selling abandoned parcels to just about anyone that requested one.  I think it is part of their goal of increasing Premium members and Mainland ownership. I sort of remember folks here in the forums saying that it was taking typically 5-7 days to process those request tickets, as Support was getting flooded with requests.  That may have died down a bit now, so they might process a bit quicker these days.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.