Best Marketing Strategies

DiChrystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,  Anyone would like to share the best marketing strategy for fashion store or  avatar appearance/components 's store?

I have these in mind:

1. Inworld store => put some group gifts and share to networking and marketing sites like facebook, flickr, teleport hub. sometimes gives discount

2. rent a store in place with good traffic. However most places now use some traffic booster like sploder or fishing game. It's generating traffic to their place but mostly  people who wants to get lindens and not spending it. 

3. Joining events

4. Blogger search

5. Also feature listing in marketplace,  but it's quite costly.

Other ideas would like to share?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

The #1 marketing strategy is not to share your marketing strategies with the competition.

The #2 marketing strategy is not to share your marketing strategies with the competition.

f2b73e757e8401ce73190a65e8ac25dc.png.a49cc43323197f041089f94b304e2750.png

Actually, those are 2 and 3. The #1 Marketing strategy should *ALWAYS* be: Make it easy as possible for people to give you their money.

It's utterly flabberghasting how many creators in SL fail this rule.

• Like 2

But shhh, with much caution and in utmost secrecy I managed to uncover Arduenn's major strategy regarding SL fashion marketing, so here's his secret of success: "1st rule of successfull SL fashion marketing - don't dabble in SL fashion."

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2018 at 2:47 PM, Fionalein said:

here's his secret of success: "1st rule of successfull SL fashion marketing - don't dabble in SL fashion."

Au contraire. Type in the word 'game' in MP Search and you will get a dress in the top 12 search results. Always the same dress. It must sell pretty well. So here's one strategy: make a dress and sell it as a 'game dress'.

21 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Au contraire. Type in the word 'game' in MP Search and you will get a dress in the top 12 search results. Always the same dress. It must sell pretty well. So here's one strategy: make a dress and sell it as a 'game dress'.

Strange, not for me, what sorting are you using? I found some neat fullperm combat suits though - might get them :D

On 11/23/2018 at 5:23 AM, DiChrystal said:

Hi,  Anyone would like to share the best marketing strategy for fashion store or  avatar appearance/components 's store?

I have these in mind:

1. Inworld store => put some group gifts and share to networking and marketing sites like facebook, flickr, teleport hub. sometimes gives discount

2. rent a store in place with good traffic. However most places now use some traffic booster like sploder or fishing game. It's generating traffic to their place but mostly  people who wants to get lindens and not spending it. 

3. Joining events

4. Blogger search

Other ideas would like to share?

Thank you.

Invest your time and effort in joining events, they have bloggers who will blog your items and this is a good start. Make sure you have pretty vendor photos because they attract sales. 

Sploders, fishing hunts and other similar things are not really useful because, as you already said, you need to attract people who spend money. 

• Like 2

The #1 Strategy is to learn from what is already working/ successful and model the layout (Not Copy).

I learnt allot about marketing from Russell Brunson, especially his book DOTCOM Secrets... 

He offers a FREE Copy of his book here - DOTCOM Secrets

Hope this helps your online entrepreneurship endeavors.

Regards.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

That's a good one Alyona!

And I would add -- cultivate a genuine appreciation of your customers.

Thanks. It's amazing how frustrating some creators make it to buy from them. If I see something on their marketplace that says "See this item in Second Life" - I half-expect that link to take me directly to THAT ITEM, or, at least, the vendor that contains that item. But when it drops me at the front door (or worse: forced landing point) and I have to hunt for that product among hundreds of others: forget it. It's pretty darned rare that your item is so unique and wanted that I'll suffer through that.

And that's only ONE example of how creators make it difficult to buy. My favorite: Emulated packaging: Clothes on a hanger, really? Where can I get info (like which bodies, etc)? Little miniature lipstick tubes I have to alt-cam in with no labels, not info and nothing other than a dinky little model that I have to judge the color off of? Seriously? How about those vendor pictures that are all *identical* except for micro-sized type that says which version it is. Or how about those *ANNOYING* animated vendor pictures that keep zooming in and out? STOP IT, PLEASE.

THIS is why I shop 99% on Market Place and not in-world. Too many of you creators are trying to be way too artsy-fartsy that buying from you is actually a pain in the ass.

Okay, ranting is done. For now. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Thanks. It's amazing how frustrating some creators make it to buy from them. If I see something on their marketplace that says "See this item in Second Life" - I half-expect that link to take me directly to THAT ITEM, or, at least, the vendor that contains that item. But when it drops me at the front door (or worse: forced landing point) and I have to hunt for that product among hundreds of others: forget it. It's pretty darned rare that your item is so unique and wanted that I'll suffer through that.

And that's only ONE example of how creators make it difficult to buy. My favorite: Emulated packaging: Clothes on a hanger, really? Where can I get into? Little miniature lipstick tubes I have to alt-cam in with no labels, not info and nothing other than a dinky little model that I have to judge the color off of? Seriously? How about those vendor pictures that are all *identical* except for micro-sized type that says which version it is. Or how about those *ANNOYING* animated vendor pictures that keep zooming in and out? STOP IT, PLEASE.

THIS is why I shop 99% on Market Place and not in-world. Too many of you creators are trying to be way too artsy-fartsy that buying from you is actually a pain in the ass.

I admit doing many of the mentioned ones hahaha 

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

And that's only ONE example of how creators make it difficult to buy. My favorite: Emulated packaging: Clothes on a hanger, really? Where can I get info (like which bodies, etc)? Little miniature lipstick tubes I have to alt-cam in with no labels, not info and nothing other than a dinky little model that I have to judge the color off of? Seriously? How about those vendor pictures that are all *identical* except for micro-sized type that says which version it is. Or how about those *ANNOYING* animated vendor pictures that keep zooming in and out? STOP IT, PLEASE.

Very nice input. Emulated packaging  will make the inworld store looks like a real life fashion store, and so many inworld store are now using those. But as i am also a customer, it was very hard to find the item with the color i wanted because of the lag and not every product were rezzing well.  It made the shopping experience not much enjoyable to me. Perhaps even if they use those ways to showcase their product,  but if they provide information about the product clearly and the sim is less laggy, it will be better. 

About events: if it's big event, some customers will have a hard time to get into the event. They will have a hard time to  find the item among other hundreds of products (sometimes the avatars cannot even walk, lol)  but it's a good way to get the brand promoted or to create brand awareness.

Yes, marketplace is still a good place to sell for fashion products, less fixed cost.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Alyona Su said:

And that's only ONE example of how creators make it difficult to buy.

Oh no...I'm remembering some MP links are pointed to a plain vendor with only pics...not the holo one I intend to create! :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.