Linden Clarification Please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep. We were “sharing” (my words). Not sure who complained about it.

I don't remember the exact thread. I just remember that the OP posted about your two derailing his thread and that you should have taken it to private messages.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Our one “issue” not long ago was a misunderstanding, I think we both agree on a lot. I do tend to overreact. Perhaps was drunk-posting Lion.

Well, later on I did wonder that...but was caught up in the moment and not paying enough attention in a deep way...:)

• Like 1

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

I don't remember the exact thread. I just remember that the OP posted about your two derailing his thread and that you should have taken it to private messages.

Ah, that kind of thread. Yes, non-regulars don’t like it when you go off-topic or post “when they don’t want posts on their thread”.

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep. We were “sharing” (my words). Not sure who complained about it.

Let's argue about it all again!  lol

• Haha 1

I’ve forgotten which one

Well what I don't like is that people break the rules all the time...but if someone is angry with you or they don't like what you're saying then they hit u with the rules...or go all net-nanny-ish and report you. 

• Thanks 1

Original post quote:

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

Yet the thread in question was called out due to being a Politics discussion. Common sense, or..need Politics and Religion added as “sensitive topics” in Forum Guidelines?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In some (different, earlier) post, I had read that differebt SL continents were named after Indian gods. You’d think that invites discussion about the why’s and whazzatmean’s!

I'm glad you reminded me...I've been meaning to tell you to read Amercian Veda...it ties it all together (the Vedic influence on America). 

* I haven't quite finished it...but it's fascinating..

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

When a forum is too restrictive this is off-putting to some. I've known other SL'ers who don't post here because of it. However, I see the other side -- SL should present a sane face without excessively contentious arguing. Hard to strike a balance.

Simple idea for evaluating AR for a post:

- Does poster have a small number of posts? Perhaps a warning.., unless they have several warnings..in which case a punishment.

- Does poster have a large number of Posts, and more “Likes” than posts? Perhaps an overreaction by AR poster or warning..the ratio of likes to posts indicates that they are mostly respected / harmless.

- Does poster have a large number of Posts, and less “Likes” than posts? Perhaps this indicates they need some guidance, warning/punishment..

• Haha 1

If LL doesn't like political posts, then let them make a clear rule NO POLITICS EVER. 

And on another topic, if you get a forum ban please copy and paste the offending post that got you banned into the notice.

I hate getting that form letter... you are banned for abusive  and or trolling behavour... well duh, but what exactly did i say hmmmm? 

Its annoying as hell trying to decide which of a dozen posts got you in trouble, especially when u are waiting out a multi day ban.

How can you correct your behavour if you don't know what you did wrong?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Simple idea for evaluating AR for a post:

- Does poster have a small number of posts? Perhaps a warning.., unless they have several warnings..in which case a punishment.

- Does poster have a large number of Posts, and more “Likes” than posts? Perhaps an overreaction by AR poster or warning..the ratio of likes to posts indicates that they are mostly respected / harmless.

- Does poster have a large number of Posts, and less “Likes” than posts? Perhaps this indicates they need some guidance, warning/punishment..

Bad idea, governance like Lady Justice should be blind to fame and favouritism.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You have a lot of likes, Love, but I know you have the potential to be a verrry bad kitty...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.