Eksynn

Account Name Change?

Question

How would it be made possible for users to have their usernames changed? would it be free, or a paid feature?

We know it's not an impossible feature, so my last question would be.. why is this not a thing?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Eksynn said:

How would it be made possible for users to have their usernames changed? would it be free, or a paid feature?

We know it's not an impossible feature, so my last question would be.. why is this not a thing?

Thanks in advance!

don't ask for things that are in the pipeline :)

i you follow the SL news/discussions/blogs you could read about it since months

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The ability is coming...... sometime..... maybe this year......

Here is a blog that is being updated with all the information we have so far on this topic:
https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/22/more-details-on-the-upcoming-ability-to-change-your-user-name-in-second-life/

It didn't sound all that likely to me for "this year" from Ebbe's comments at the Town Hall  :D.  But they are working on it. 

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It didn't sound all that likely to me for "this year" from Ebbe's comments at the Town Hall  :D.  But they are working on it. 

Yeah, the original announcement sounded like it would be this year, but I think it ended up being much more complicated than they originally thought.