non stop spam

Kittony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I keep getting this suddenly in my nearby chat.  No matter where I am it keeps coming.  Support is closed today, my account seems fine ... I did not share my info or account.  Cant find any way to stop this from coming into my nearby chat about ever 15 seconds I get it.   Can anyone help.  My sl name is Kittony

Message From Secondlife:
                          Your Account Has Been Compromised Please Contact Secodlife Support 1-833-861-0111 And Get This Issue Resolved.                                                                                                                                                        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Possible Reasons Are:
                          -You Have Touched Unknown Objects.
                          -You Have Been On Unsolicited Websites And Shared Your Account Info.
                         -You Have Shared Your Passwords With Someone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Please Contact Secodlife Support 1-833-861-0111 And Get This Issue Resolved.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Its a popular scam that is used on many platforms.

You should be able to right click the object name creating the chat/IM to get the owner and mute them and/or the object directly.

1-833-861-0111 is owned by:

Company: REAL TIME CLOUD SERVICES LLC

(www.myrealdata.com)

Their tech support number is: 1-888-415-5240
Email: support@myrealdata.com

Their street address is a mailbox service in NYC.

Their Better Business Bureau complaint listing is here. No complaints listed.

Their Facebook entry indicates they're in the phone spamming business and host fake Microsoft Technical Support scams.

You can report this to the FBI. They don't do much with those reports but they do tally the biggest offenders and sometimes go after one of them.

Report it to SL support. They may have more info on who the user is.

---

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kittony said:

No matter where I am it keeps coming. 

If that's true, then you are probably wearing an object that is sending you those messages.  You can try a couple of things.  One is to open the Worn tab in your inventory and start detaching things until the spamming stops.    The other is to open the Recent tab, set the time limits on it back a week or so, and look at each of the new items you have added to inventory in that time.  The spammer object is likely to be among them.  If you can see that you are wearing it, that clinches it.  In any case, either delete the object or (if possible) remove the script.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Depending on which viewer you're using and how you've set it up, you can click on the object's name in its chat header or in Nearby Chat, or Conversations, or Chat History, or mouse over its name and click the little "i" button that shows up. This will open a little dialog telling you who owns it and where it is.

If it shows you as the owner, and the map shows it right on top of you wherever you go, then it'll be something you're wearing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.