Mrs, Sir

HetfieldGod75

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hetfieldgod75 resident over here,

I'm currently using the latest Firestrom viewer for Second Life but gettin some issues.

First of all, can't use SL Market Place anymore as Firestorm search either. I checked FS wiki first of all before reportin u this issue. This happened since yesterday mornin (SLT -9 hours). I'd like to know if it's me or if the problem comes from somewhere else... I have no idea what's happenin but I'm very disappointed about this... Even for checkin friends profile, the web version is not available anymore...

I wish this issue isn't due to my viewer cuz until now, it worked properly. I sincerely want that back, as soon as possible. If it's a maintenance issue, then it's ok. If not, I'll b unfortunatley forced to leave SL, includin my family aside.

Wishin u could fix that as soon as possible.

Best regards,

hetfieldgod75 resident

6 answers to this question

It sounds like all your problems are with SL websites, is that it? In that case, don't use Firestorm's built-in web browser, use an external browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.). Lots of people have reported problems with the built-in browser and it's generally not recommended.

Sry to tell but to me, the most useful viewer I've ever tested (from a close friend's advise) is Firestorm... I simply couldn't get rid of it... Has many more options than SL classical viewer...

My problem is that I can't use both SL AND web sites aside at the same time... But, as usual sounds like I shout in the air loud without havin any echo check in back... I'm gettin used to some things with time...

Thx for the help and suggestions nevertheless...

Laters peepz

I've been a Firestorm user since it was Phoenix and before that: Emerald. But these days I've been having issues with it also. Though I've recently made the switch to Catzip and love it, much better performance (for me) and far better features (because shopping and inventory stuffs).

I would recommend that you try other viewers, including the official LL viewer, just to see if it's actually a viewer problem or something going awry on your computer. Start here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory (I very-highly recommend you give Catznip a go. Everyone I've talked to say they immediately notice a performance boost, though it's interface is very much like the LL viewer and it may or may not meet your tastes.)

If you still have similar issues that you are experiencing in Firestorm, then you may need to look into computer maintenance or clean-up.

Edited by Alyona Su

3 hours ago, HetfieldGod75 said:

My problem is that I can't use both SL AND web sites aside at the same time...

What do you mean, Hetfield?  Do you mean that you are using the in-world browser option (which is not recommended) because you can't use SL and an external browser?  Believe me, that is easy to do.  It's super easy if you have dual monitors, but even if you only have one monitor, it's not hard.  Click the icon on the top right of your viewer window that is between the - and the X icons.  This will reduce your viewer window from full screen to a floating window on your desktop, and you then have enough screen real estate to open a web browser.  Or leave the viewer full screen and use your Taskbar to open a web browser and to switch back and forth between your browser and the SL viewer.

Or do you mean that when you open an external browser, you have some sort of problem?

5 minutes ago, HetfieldGod75 said:

If not, I'll b unfortunatley forced to leave SL, includin my family aside.

There are other viewers you can try. Aside from that, who cares if you do? The universe doesn't revolve around your presence, we'll be well off even without you, that's for sure xD 

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.