not got my L$3000 Linden how do i get it

TestPuppetmaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

My bet is that you used the right side of the Buy screen, however without fully understanding how to use that, you will wait forever for your money.  Go in and cancel that transaction (via the LindeX Order History screen) - see picture below -- and then go back to the Buy screen, but this time use the LEFT side for "Instant Buy (Market Buy)"

image.png.59e5399a6802cc59ecbea8271901d0cc.png   image.png.464162958343f973ab6bb7895cab9920.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TestPuppetmaster said:

not understanding this at all why cant they fix this problem & just give my 3000 Linden 

we are all residents like you.  You have not told us how you tried to buy the lindens  (Instant Buy or Best Buy).   You should probably contact them directly with a support ticket.  We can only tell you from experience what we assume has happened to your L$

https://support.secondlife.com/

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TestPuppetmaster said:

not understanding this at all why cant they fix this problem & just give my 3000 Linden 

WE here on the forums have no powers.  Even if you put in a Support ticket, they will simply walk you through the same process that we are trying to explain to you.

IF you did the "Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)", then go into your LindeX History and cancel the order (as shown above).  That will put the money into your US $ balance.  If you go to your Account Summary page (https://secondlife.com/my/account), then you will see it:
image.png.1718b4b22b2cc95eb14653aa28d4ee82.png

Whenever you then go back to the L$ Buy screen -- AND USE THE LEFT SIDE to buy your L$ -- it will automatically use the US $ amount rather than going to your payment method on file.  

46 minutes ago, TestPuppetmaster said:

why cant they fix this problem & just give my 3000 Linden

There's no "problem".  As others have explained, if you put in an order for L$ with the Limit Buy option, you have not bought anything at all.  You have simply placed an order and are waiting for other residents who are willing to sell L$ to you at the price you propose.  If your offering price is ridiculously low, you could be waiting forever for someone dumb enough or desperate enough to sell to you. 

• Like 1

TestPuppetMaster,

Re-read and follow the suggestions that LittleMe Jewell gave you. 

• Cancel your open purchase order
  • The money will go into your Second Life Account "USD Balance"
  • Place another buy order for $L, using the "Instant Buy" option.
  • The money will be taken out of your USD balance.  Your payment method won't be charged again, unless the purchase cost exceeds what's already in your USD Balance.
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.