MartinDirt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi!

When im doing something, my avatar dont play the animation.
Example... When im sit somewhere (chaair, or action ball), im just sit, but i cant see the animation, what im doing.
Where can I enable these animations?

Sorry my bad english... :(
And thanx the help

6 answers to this question

You may sit on many things in SL, but most of them do not animate you. An object can only animate you if it contains an animation and a script that starts the animation.  When you sit on an object that does not contain an animation, your viewer should automatically play the simple "sit" animation that is the default in your viewer. 

However, if you sit on an object that does contain an animation and a script, it should start the animation automatically.  If it does not, there are a few possibilities:

1. The script is broken.

2. The object is in an area where scripts have been disabled.

3. The script is designed to animate only the owner or some other authorized people.

4. The script expects you to select an animation from a dialog menu, which you have ignored (this is common in dance machines and furniture, for example).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another possibility:  Many pieces of furniture and many dance machines are polite.  When you right click them and Sit, a little notification window opens up, saying something like "Modern Sofa owned by Lindal Kidd is requesting permission to animate you.  Accept/Decline/Block?"  If you hit Decline, the animation won't happen.  If you hit Block, the device will not respond to any further actions on your part until you unblock it.  And if you don't pay attention, the notice window will close after a short period.  You'll have to re-open your Notices and re-open the window to accept the animation offer.

Possibility number three: You might run a freaking high priority animation that overrides all furniture.

See, system animations are 0 to 2, most AOs are 3 special animations like gestures and furniture are 4 and I think you can go up to 6... if you by accident run a Priority 6 animation it will beat all others and you will see nothing else.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Possibility number three: You might run a freaking high priority animation that overrides all furniture.

See, system animations are 0 to 2, most AOs are 3 special animations like gestures and furniture are 4 and I think you can go up to 6... if you by accident run a Priority 6 animation it will beat all others and you will see nothing else.

I wish people would stick to this, but unfortunately they don't. When I started making animations for furniture I made them at priority 4, but quickly realized it wasn't good enough. I had to change each animation to priority 5 and at times not even that is good enough.

Nothing annoys me more than an AO maker who thinks making their AO priority 5 or higher is a good thing. Sit your ass back down in logic class.

There might be legit uses for Prio 5 animations, Syn. Like a cupholding one that raises your teacup to your head. Make it 5 and you can play it alongside your AO or sit animation. That of course only makes sense if you make the animation partial (that is affecting only your arm, leaving the rest of your body to the other animations).

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

There might be legit uses for Prio 5 animations, Syn. Like a cupholding one that raises your teacup to your head. Make it 5 and you can play it alongside your AO or sit animation. That of course only makes sense if you make the animation partial (that is affecting only your arm, leaving the rest of your body to the other animations).

I know that. I've made these type of animations before.

My post was solemnly directed at AO creators who set their permissions so high they cancel out furniture animations and in turn holding animations. Holding animations are not AO's, they're made to be put into the cup/cig/drink whatever and start when you wear the item.

Edited by Syn Anatine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.