Face Lights not working, which SL graphics?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Milla Alexandre said:

No one ever complained about my simple facelight before.  

Quite likely because a great deal of folks simply disable the rendering of worn light sources. Or derender you completely, especially if you come shining like a supernova blinding from space.

Either way, your beloved facelight does not fulfill its intended purpose. 

So free yourself of the illusion that you're in control of how other people see you and simply use pretty Windlight settings to make yourself look good and flawless on your end. That's all you can do.

There are multiple types of facelights. The older style facelight became an annoyance when the Advanced Lighting Model (ALM) was added. Many facelights that look OK without ALM look like a solar flair with ALM. So, people do complain.

However, even the older facelights can be well made and those are not much of a problem.

Changing Windlight is a preferred solution. In Firestorm it is a couple of clicks. It is a bit more arduous in the LL viewer.

The problem I have is my avatar has a dark skin. So, if I want a picture in a region in which I want the natural (default) lighting and to be able to see my face... I have a problem. So, I made projector-facelights for myself. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wearable-Projector-the-NEW-Facelight/10034224

The classic facelight is a point light shining in all directions. So, everything around you lights up.

The Projector lights are like a theatrical spotlight. Only things with in the projector's cone of light are affected. Where one attaches the light controls how it behaves. When I wanted to video Bento hands in a dance I chose a dark place and made some lights that shown on my hands. 

I made the lights Mod-OK so you can see how to make them. No scripting needed.

The splash of light on the floor is either kinda neat... I'm a STAR... or annoying. But, no one has ever complained about the lights, at least to me.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.