Tattoo on middle of arm ! HOW ??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The UV map of Bodies is like it has two sides of arms , Upper and Lower , If i have to make a tattoo at center of arm so half is at Upper half at Bottom then how I'm gonna do it ?

Do I need to cut the texture then place it on both , If yes then how to cut it in photoshop so it fits there ?

second-life-templates_93306.png

You got a good start with your theory of splitting the image to bring it to the edges of the two arm parts.

That would be the easy part of the job. The greatly annoying pain begins when you have to line up the seams for a smooth blending. One helping factor that you got are the coloured areas on the template which are meant to match.

But no worries... even "professional" tattoo brands sell you jagged lines and supposedly neat seams differing by miles. Clever angles on a photo can make a huge difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Photoshop CC has the tools you need for 3D painting, similar in spirit to the tools that you can use in Blender or Maya or Mudbox for painting directly on a model.  Frankly, I have not used them much myself, so I cannot tell you how from personal experience.  If you Google for "Photoshop 3D texturing" or "Photoshop 3D Painting", for example, you will find several guides and tutorials, like this one >>> https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/3d-painting-photoshop.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ALI131129i said:

Thank you Rolig ♥ , thats called help Lillith , if you don't know how to help then ignore my post at least don't be rude.

Sorry but , Forums are to help not to show attitude.

Rolig basically just wrote what Lillith said in a nicer way. Both were helpful, Lillith more so since she went into specific details while Rolig gave a general link that you could and should have easily found on your own. You want to make tattoo's using a specific program, who woulda thought you'd need to learn that program....

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 3

Ok here's what I would (ab)use... Q-GIS. But don't complain it's not even remotley what you wanted to have... because it was never intended to be used on tattoos and meshes but it can stretch a tetxture onto a new projection (I bet there is something far easier to use in game desings but yeah I'm a maps persion, so I stick to my cartography software)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.