Looking for mainstore

AdamZadig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure about a mainstore as i've yet to see plots that big for rent, but have you thought to check out malls from the search list? Might end up better for you.

Generall rule of thumb is the higher the traffic, the more popular the area. Other then that you're kinda SOL since marketplace takes a huge chunk from in-world stores.

20 minutes ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

Not sure about a mainstore as i've yet to see plots that big for rent, but have you thought to check out malls from the search list? Might end up better for you.

Generall rule of thumb is the higher the traffic, the more popular the area. Other then that you're kinda SOL since marketplace takes a huge chunk from in-world stores.

The marketplace takes 5%, unless you're selling really, really expensive items I wouldn't called it a huge chunk. Or even a chunk to begin with.

Also, mainstore usually means exactly that, the main location of their store in word with potential for satelite stores elsewhere. This doesn't mean someone wants to plop down a huge store building. You can have a mainstore on a 512sqm if it's your main selling location within SL.

Edit: High traffic means nothing. Only a very low percentage of shoppers bother going into random stores in a mall. Hence why malls are dead nowadays in SL.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Edit: High traffic means nothing. Only a very low percentage of shoppers bother going into random stores in a mall. Hence why malls are dead nowadays in SL.

Quite the opposite in fact: it means way more lag, less traffic equals more server time for your shoppers and your store's scripts ;)

• Like 2

The marketplace will always be my main source of sales. The reason for a mainstore is to be able to have group only promotions from my own group and other groups in-world. Literally just need a small shop building with a few prims but appearance is everything. Most of the stores I've seen at malls look outdated. Would really like a location on a sim that looks good.

TMD didn't reply to me. Their sim has really nice looking stores.

trying Boystown (waiting for a response).

Any sim owners out there with a nice looking sim?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm currently in the process of redoing my sim and adding some rental mainstore buildings. The sim is mostly laid out, all 4 of my mainstores are there (yes, I have 4 mainstores ^.^;;), but I haven't set up all the rent boxes yet and there are still a couple empty spots to fill and some decorating to do. The sim is a bit of an odd mix of asian/western/urban... not quite "cyberpunk" but may lean in that direction. Not sure if that's an aesthetic you can live with, but eh, it's worth a shot (expect there to be more clutter and neon in the final build. Also Dreaming Thicket is pretending to be a city park, from the outside at least.). The style is a bit eclectic, but I'm using mainly newer mesh buildings and decor.

If you want to have a look and see if you'd be interested in renting once things are finished setting up (should be in the next couple weeks), the sim is located here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Multitudes/132/128/17

As I've said, I'm still working on finishing it. Any of the empty buildings would be available (and I'd even be willing to move my fullperms stuff or the "rental office" if someone wanted either of those spots) I won't be renting all of the tiny buildings out, just filling them up with "scenery" while mostly renting the larger ones as their own parcels. Rent will probably be reasonably low, since this is more of a space filling than a money making venture for me, although I will be vetting stores to make sure it's quality stuff and not reseller/freebie or anything copyright infringing (I looked at your MP already). My shops already pay for the sim, but there's a lot of space/prims left over, so I thought having some neighbors would be cool. Might eventually organize some sim events, but I'm chronically busy, so I'm not sure if/when I will.

If you (or anyone else) is interested, contact me (Nix Marabana) by IM, I should respond within a day.

59 minutes ago, Nix Marabana said:

The sim is mostly laid out, all 4 of my mainstores are there (yes, I have 4 mainstores ^.^;;),

How do you stay sane?!?!

I was actually interested, too as I also like the idea of having a shop on a sim with a few others and went there to have a look. I do enjoy what you built, especially the Dream Thicket, that is beautiful!

But the fact you do not allow flying is such an incredible turn off. May I ask your reasoning behind it other than to needlessly slow down your shoppers and frustrating them? It's not an RP sim is it? I just don't understand why store sim owners do this to us >.<

19 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

But the fact you do not allow flying is such an incredible turn off. May I ask your reasoning behind it other than to needlessly slow down your shoppers and frustrating them? It's not an RP sim is it? I just don't understand why store sim owners do this to us >.<

TBH I forgot I had it off. It was mostly because the old layout looked really awful from anywhere not on the ground. This one is somewhat better so I'll probably turn it back on for most of the sim.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.