Animations Breaking

HaileeTempesta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, since the introduction of Bento on the grid I have been having an issue that I can't quite figure out.  When I am animating a piece of furniture (I use Avsitter & have for years) I can set the male & female animation in a couples pose & it looks fine.  I dump the info, add it to the AVpos note card & retest & my avatars body breaks.  It contorts into a weird back broken stance & won't change until I hit un-deform avatar.  That fixes me until I run through the animations again & it breaks again.  It's not always the same animation causing it either.  It's weird I can put a totally different animation in and it will break in the same place.

Some people see it break for them as well & others do not.  I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.  In my 8 years, I've never encountered this issue & it only happens if I have bento animations in my furniture, but, I can't be the only person not using Bento on the grid.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

I took off my ankle lock, all my huds to do with head or body & my AO.  Still happens.  Is it possible that it was uploaded wrong or something?

31 minutes ago, HaileeTempesta said:

I took off my ankle lock, all my huds to do with head or body & my AO.  Still happens.  Is it possible that it was uploaded wrong or something?

The Bento skeleton has additional spine joints. If they have exported those joints animations too, they would be included in the hierarchy in their folded status, flipping a classic avatar's back like you experienced because the classic avatar doesn't use those joints, so the result to accommodate the missing hierarchy (present in the animation but not in the classic avatar) is being represented by a deformation due to the missing joints rotations and following adjustments, in my opinion. However,almost all the human mesh avatars don't use those extra joints in the body. Bento for those items is an human add on, ie hand anims and face anims. Try to see whether other avatars are affected by this, or if it happens also when you play the animation from inventory

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.