Trying to parcel by altitude

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can parcel off areas at ground level but can't parcel off the sky each parcel owns from the ground to more or less infinity in the sky though you can only build as high up 4096m 

an alternative solution would be to rezz platforms to the size you want at the heights you want and all the platforms would share the same parcel

42 minutes ago, Lvddawter said:

I mean, how do they do such things as set the security and their own stream for it if it is not its own parcel?

For security they use scripted systems. Parcel media? Not possible to set individual sections of a singular parcel to different media streams. For that you'd have to use Media On A Prim.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lvddawter said:

I mean, how do they do such things as set the security and their own stream for it if it is not its own parcel?

I expect someone else will give you a more complete answer, but: you can only set stream at ground parcel level. Security can be handled multiple ways (orbs etc.), but obviously you can’t use non-entry (ban lines) for vertical renting unless each ground-level parcel is in the same security group.

*Edit* I tried to post this earlier but got an answer. See Solar Legion’s answer above. The “media on a prim” also occurred to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.