Bento for Windows XP

sses1234

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys, My current PC's Hard Drive is done for and it would be a couple of weeks before I can get back into Second Life with that PC, I am using a Windows XP pc and I would like to know if there is a VIewer that can use Bento on a Windows XP Laptop. Second Life use to run on XP but now its crap but I still need to work on my Marketplace and get it finished. Thank you for answering :)

5 answers to this question

Some alternative third party viewers may work with XP, but Windows XP isn't supported by Microsoft, Linden Labs or any of the main viewer developers any longer. Even if you can get a third party viewer to work I doubt you would be very happy with it. So it's probably not much of a viable option.

Hope something works out for you so you can continue your work.

Felicia

There is still the obsolete platforms viewer, but its far from having been updated in a very long time.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

It wont support bento, there are no current viewers that will still run on XP that support bento.

If you XP era laptop can actually run SL at all, just install Linux and use the modern linux viewers.

Takes like 20 minutes tops to download the lubuntu iso and slap it on a bootable usb with rufus.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.