accounts per email address

Dreamcircle57

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

The official word is

Currently, you can create:

• Up to five accounts per household.
  • No more than two accounts in a single 24-hour period.

In practice, it is easy to find people who have many more than 5 alt accounts, so you may speculate that either the official requirement has been changed quietly or that Linden Lab is enforcing it on a spot check basis.  Note that the statement refers to a number per household, and you asked about per e-mail address, which may not be the same thing.

15 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The official word is

... rather outdated - parts of it to the point of being quaint. ;)

If you are in doubt, open a support case and ask nicely. As long as you have a legitimate and reasonably good reason, you shouldn't have any problems getting permission to have more alts.

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

... rather outdated - parts of it to the point of being quaint. ;)

If you are in doubt, open a support case and ask nicely. As long as you have a legitimate and reasonably good reason, you shouldn't have any problems getting permission to have more alts.

I wouldn't ask...just create the new account.  It's always better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I wouldn't ask...just create the new account.  It's always better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

Awww, that would be nawty, I would never dream of doing or recommending something like that! :P

• Haha 1

Odd really and I will go along with the wikis are SELDOM updated in so far as to be useless in some area. A couple of years ago the official rule was you could have as many as you wanted as long as they all played nice and possibly had a purpose. "I" read that as -- as long as you pay some money for premium accounts we are fine with the fact that you have more than five alts. That five alt rule WAS definitely in affect a decade ago and back then if you wanted a legal alt you paid the $9.95 per one of five. 

The wiki still seems to suggest that you could have more and not get in trouble. I know some folks have tons but I am not sure why except perhaps they are board :D.  

And if you made too many and were actually charged for one that wouldn't be the end of the world hopefully. You could always make alternate email accounts of course. 

But again, the wiki is almost never the actual current rule or practice ^^.

I have made an alt recently, and did not have to pay a fee or anything.  Frankly, I'm not sure at this point how many alts I have that are still active.  That sounds awful, like I've made an alt army and then lost track of them, but it's not like that, honest.  I make them at long intervals, when a need for something specific arises.  But I do know that I've made more than five, over the last ten-plus years, and none of them are Premium, except me.  The only one I use regularly is the one who serves as the depository for rental income.

Ignore that banging from the cellar.  Mice.

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.