Question

Hello,

From time to time I see that my avatar gets kind of deformed like on this pic:

https://gyazo.com/b11880bcb58645b7e0b6b4233d156223

Relogging helps but after I teleport to another place it sometimes comes back (sometimes not - I know, it's weird). 

I use Maitreya Body and Catwa Head

I wonder why it happens and if there is any solution to this.  

Edited by Ada Forwzy

3 answers to this question

I'm sure somebody else has an official answer to this. It's never bothered me to the point where I needed to put in a ticket, but I will say that if you edit your body (right click, edit in inventory), It generally fixes it.. I can understand how relogging all the time would be frustrating! It could just be a complexity issue, but.. again.. I'm not as bothered by it to put in a ticket, so I can't give you the "why" *chuckles*

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, norajulian said:

I'm sure somebody else has an official answer to this. It's never bothered me to the point where I needed to put in a ticket, but I will say that if you edit your body (right click, edit in inventory), It generally fixes it.. I can understand how relogging all the time would be frustrating! It could just be a complexity issue, but.. again.. I'm not as bothered by it to put in a ticket, so I can't give you the "why" *chuckles*

Thank you for the answer! :D 

I think I tried like everything - avatar menu -> "avatar health", clearing cache, reinstalling FireStorm. So it just started to bother me if it is something dangerous - like some hackers or something. But it seems it's normal, haha. 

First, when asking these types of questions give us information about your computer and viewer. Use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to gather the info and then paste it in the post with your question.

Right-click the avatar and try Reset Skeleton and Animations. The other quick try remedy you are doing, relog.

I see similar problems when I go cam-shopping, park the avatar and cam all over the region. After a few minutes away from the avatar the viewer drops it from the Interest List. When I come back I'm often a mess of triangles, confused polygons. The usual fix is to remove my mesh body and then add it back, what NoraJulian said. This seems to be a worse problem in Firestorm. But, it isn't exclusive to FS.

When you have this type of problem clearing the cache can make it worse. These days a cache clear is a last resort and even then you need to have a strong indication there is a corrupt fine in the cache. Otherwise, it is almost always counterproductive.

• Like 1