What would be needed to put my avatar's face on a real picture of myself?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i run sinfulpixel studios and i think that your wanting some kind of morph picture  where your avis face is put onto a reallife persons picture   i do edits but i do charge 1 k for the service if your still intrested  im me inworld  at shy furlough   you can also see some of my other work  at Flickr though my page is restricted because of nudity on my pics   so you will have to create an account to see it  

Shy Furlough

You need a person who is skilled in Photoshop. I advise you to give money only to someone who can prove they are, indeed, capable of doing this properly. 

Long time ago in Second Life there was a trend called "morph photography" where people would take a photo of the avatar and paste a real life face over it. Many have claimed they know how to do this but in reality these were some of the ugliest, creepiest and most shameful representations of Second Life's art scene. 

Take a look here to see some of these photos. 

So I'll repeat, don't pay in advance to anyone, if they can't show you an example photo that shows they have done this before and it turned out good! Good luck :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I find morph photography kinda creepy, and not in the same way I find bad taxidermy oddly charming. I've mostly seen bad examples of it, though; take a picture of your avatar, take a picture of Angelina Jolie, pop the face in place and blend over the seams with the heal tool. I'd say you're better off getting a good body, skin and shape and working off of that.

However, I find pictures such as the one @mysteriousdots shows above interesting since, well, that's a pretty iconic World of Warcraft art and since it's going for a more cartoon-y look than taking a system body headshot on a HQ picture of a real person, it doesn't delve into the uncanny valley in the same way.

Also, are those bananas there in the original picture? I never noticed them before... 

15 minutes ago, mysteriousdots said:

@Orwar yes they are.

Wow. How did I miss that all these years? Why are there bananas in Ashenvale? 

(bananas have special symbolic meaning to any true Warcraft lore nerd... And no, it's not erotic!) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.