Anyone use the N-Phone from Neurolabs? Looking for a review or something...

Moraxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm pretty new to SL and I've been buying a few cyberpunk accessories from Neurolab and I've seen them advertising their N-Phone system which looks very cool and useful but I can't really find any reviews or votes of confidence for the product.. Theyre having a sale the next three days and I was thinking of getting the N-Phone package that come with their essential apps but I dont want to blindly spend around L$ 4000. Anyone familiar with this product?

http://www.neurolab-inc.com/blog/en/category/categories/n-phone/

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/25-OFF-NPHONE-SMART-HUD-Essential-Apps-Pack1-Exclusive-Multi-Tools-AIO-HUD-NeurolaB-Inc/8328297

It looks like there's a good amount of reviews on the full product page, not just the apps pack. 

Also, they have a 1 L$ Test Demo, so why not give it a shot that way?

If all else fails, join the Neurolab Group and ask in chat, you might get some responses from folks who use the product. 

Neurolab, to me, always makes good quality products. To me the "Smartphones" are a money pit between the HUD and the APPS, but to each their own ^_^ 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SAULGOODiE said:

It looks like there's a good amount of reviews on the full product page, not just the apps pack. 

Also, they have a 1 L$ Test Demo, so why not give it a shot that way?

If all else fails, join the Neurolab Group and ask in chat, you might get some responses from folks who use the product. 

Neurolab, to me, always makes good quality products. To me the "Smartphones" are a money pit between the HUD and the APPS, but to each their own ^_^ 

Ah nice! I didnt think to look at the other pages for reviews.

I'm mainly wondering now if it really does manage to replace all other huds and whatnot and if there are any other other sort of universal hud programs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moraxo said:

Ah nice! I didnt think to look at the other pages for reviews.

I'm mainly wondering now if it really does manage to replace all other huds and whatnot and if there are any other other sort of universal hud programs?

I think in terms of "Replacing" other HUDs, they are simply bragging about the capabilities of their HUD. Sure you can purchase all the apps for everything from Av tracking to Poses, and in a sense that WOULD replace all other HUDs! Just depends on if you like how they do things ;-D

Theres a few other HUDs that are similar, each with their own little specialties. Some folks really like TARDIS systems or NOVATECH gadgets, which do feature some neat things. 

And of course, you could always construct your own with all your favorite things! A bit of a time and possibly money investment, but could be very rewarding if you want to consolidate all your favorite add-ons into one controller.... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SAULGOODiE said:

I think in terms of "Replacing" other HUDs, they are simply bragging about the capabilities of their HUD. Sure you can purchase all the apps for everything from Av tracking to Poses, and in a sense that WOULD replace all other HUDs! Just depends on if you like how they do things ;-D

Theres a few other HUDs that are similar, each with their own little specialties. Some folks really like TARDIS systems or NOVATECH gadgets, which do feature some neat things. 

And of course, you could always construct your own with all your favorite things! A bit of a time and possibly money investment, but could be very rewarding if you want to consolidate all your favorite add-ons into one controller.... 

I mainly am looking for a solid way to have an AO hud and a dance hud. I would think I would want an emote/gesture hud as well but I have hardly used the base system so idk if I even need something for that

18 minutes ago, Moraxo said:

I mainly am looking for a solid way to have an AO hud and a dance hud. I would think I would want an emote/gesture hud as well but I have hardly used the base system so idk if I even need something for that

HmmmMmmMm i see, well you might be able to find something from Akeyo, they have some starter HUDs that are pretty cheap and customizable, for adding your own animations etc. If not them, then something similar ^_^  

At the very least, if you are most concerned with consolidating your HUDs that you use for AO and Dances, there are much cheaper solutions than the N-Phone! It will do exactly what you say you need, but with all the other bells and whistles, you would definitely be paying for more than you'd be using.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAULGOODiE said:

HmmmMmmMm i see, well you might be able to find something from Akeyo, they have some starter HUDs that are pretty cheap and customizable, for adding your own animations etc. If not them, then something similar ^_^  

At the very least, if you are most concerned with consolidating your HUDs that you use for AO and Dances, there are much cheaper solutions than the N-Phone! It will do exactly what you say you need, but with all the other bells and whistles, you would definitely be paying for more than you'd be using.

Yeah thats what I figured but I'm kinda lost as to what would be a worthwhile hud to get. I would like something that I can customize but since I dont really have any experience with these things and I only vaguely know what I want in terms of functionality I feel a bit lost when I start looking at other huds. I've seen the stuff from Akeyo mentioned a few times now but aside from that I'm clueless lol

Yeah thats what I figured but I'm kinda lost as to what would be a worthwhile hud to get. I would like something that I can customize but since I dont really have any experience with these things and I only vaguely know what I want in terms of functionality I feel a bit lost when I start looking at other huds. I've seen the stuff from Akeyo mentioned a few times now but aside from that I'm clueless lol

It can be a bit of a chore setting up a decent system that will work with you! But don't be discouraged! It took me about a year before I had a solid AO I felt comfortable with, now I just add dances on occasion if I find something I like ^_^ 

The most i can say for now (since im stuck at the office lol) is do as much research as you can; Visit the Mainstores and try out all the animations you can. Read marketplace reviews. Test Demos if you can. Anything you can do will help, because unfortunately there are a LOT of solutions out there, you just have to find what works best for you ! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Moraxo said:

I would like something that I can customize but since I dont really have any experience with these things and I only vaguely know what I want in terms of functionality I feel a bit lost when I start looking at other huds. I've seen the stuff from Akeyo mentioned a few times now but aside from that I'm clueless lol

I took a short 'build your own" type class at either Helping Haven or Builders Brewery and put together one for my building alt. It was really helpful for understanding how an AO hud works in the first place, which then made customising easier.

Sometimes I think gadget makers intentionally try to confuse us so we're more likely to think their expertise is the only solution. But they wouldn't do that, would they? :SwingingFriends:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, SAULGOODiE said:

It can be a bit of a chore setting up a decent system that will work with you! But don't be discouraged! It took me about a year before I had a solid AO I felt comfortable with, now I just add dances on occasion if I find something I like ^_^ 

The most i can say for now (since im stuck at the office lol) is do as much research as you can; Visit the Mainstores and try out all the animations you can. Read marketplace reviews. Test Demos if you can. Anything you can do will help, because unfortunately there are a LOT of solutions out there, you just have to find what works best for you ! 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ULTIMATE-Dance-HUD-ECLIPSE-Blue-Edition-25Invites/2802570

This is what I was looking at for a dance hud before I found the N-Phone

• Like 1

That's quite a popular one! Especially if you are a frequent clubber and always dancing, the features it has are quite handy ( Unlimited Animations + Notecards, Dance with Friends etc). 

3 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I took a short 'build your own" type class at either Helping Haven or Builders Brewery and put together one for my building alt. It was really helpful for understanding how an AO hud works in the first place, which then made customising easier.

Sometimes I think gadget makers intentionally try to confuse us so we're more likely to think their expertise is the only solution. But they wouldn't do that, would they? :SwingingFriends:

I could not agree more! Lots of these HUDs and Gadgets for sale are either cashing in on the aesthetic, the bundled animations, or they have somehow streamlined a process or two. You will certainly learn some handy information by taking such a class ^_^ Great recommendation Bitsy! 

• Thanks 1

If you don't want to invite other people to dance with you then you can set up the built in firestorm AO for dances. Just create a set with stands that are dances to select when you want to dance. No notecards to mess around with just drag and drop the animations. It has the advantage of using no scripts or hud slots.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/animation_overrider

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAULGOODiE said:

That's quite a popular one! Especially if you are a frequent clubber and always dancing, the features it has are quite handy ( Unlimited Animations + Notecards, Dance with Friends etc). 

I could not agree more! Lots of these HUDs and Gadgets for sale are either cashing in on the aesthetic, the bundled animations, or they have somehow streamlined a process or two. You will certainly learn some handy information by taking such a class ^_^ Great recommendation Bitsy! 

Well thats what I plan to be at least lol, majority of my SL experience thus far has been setting up my AV for the past week or two. So are there still classes like this being taught? I mod most of my RPG games so maybe I'll be able to keep up :)

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

If you don't want to invite other people to dance with you then you can set up the built in firestorm AO for dances. Just create a set with stands that are dances to select when you want to dance. No notecards to mess around with just drag and drop the animations. It has the advantage of using no scripts or hud slots.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/animation_overrider

I was going to use that but I started using Black Dragon viewer which doesnt have its own AO.

• Like 1

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetPermissions

If you look through that, you will see many helpful items to help one create ones own AO, essentially saving a person a lot of money. The most it would cost is maybe some upload costs for any textures a custom HUD might need, some tenacity and study and some trial and error testing, and there are resources like classes and people in world who can assist.

Edited by Hunter Stern
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moraxo said:

Well thats what I plan to be at least lol, majority of my SL experience thus far has been setting up my AV for the past week or two. So are there still classes like this being taught? I mod most of my RPG games so maybe I'll be able to keep up :)

Both Builders Brewery and Helping Haven have boards with their upcoming class schedules near their landing points. Definitely worth checking out if you're into modding; they're good communities and very helpful.

The DIY AO class I took was last spring or summer I think. I know I've seen it being offered since, but it's been a few months since I was at either place. Besides help and explanations, we also got a basic AO hud, scripts to run it and a collection of old freebie animations. The animations can easily be swapped out for other ones.

It should be possible to repurpose a category of animation you don't use into a dance section on the basic AO hud. The graphic on the hud would say the wrong thing, but you could change that with a new texture or leave it be.

Learning basic building skills opens up so much of SL's potential. It can be maddening, but it's also lots of fun. :):):)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

It can be maddening, but it's also lots of fun. :):):)

Yup, thats how I feel about most modding! lol It makes me want to throw my computer through a wall sometimes but when it all works... damn is it awesome.

Edited by Moraxo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Moraxo said:

I've seen the stuff from Akeyo mentioned a few times now but aside from that I'm clueless lol

If you just want a hud that does AO and dance Akeyo is a really good option any animations you buy in store whilst wearing the AO HUD are automatically added to the HUD any animations you buy elsewhere you rezz the HUD inworld and drop them in contents in edit mode and they are automatically configured to work

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you just want a hud that does AO and dance Akeyo is a really good option any animations you buy in store whilst wearing the AO HUD are automatically added to the HUD any animations you buy elsewhere you rezz the HUD inworld and drop them in contents in edit mode and they are automatically configured to work

So which one in the store should I be looking at?

Is this basic one the hud you mention? the description sounds similar https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AKEYONanoAOFemaleBOX/3735359

14 hours ago, Moraxo said:

So which one in the store should I be looking at?

Is this basic one the hud you mention? the description sounds similar https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AKEYONanoAOFemaleBOX/3735359

If you want dance animations too that hud linked won't be enough you will need one of the full AO's i currently use https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AKEYOPowerAOGianaWildBOX/6621023 and previously used https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AKEYOPowerAOKimChanBOX/1375885 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 12:59 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you want dance animations too that hud linked won't be enough you will need one of the full AO's i currently use https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AKEYOPowerAOGianaWildBOX/6621023 and previously used https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AKEYOPowerAOKimChanBOX/1375885 

Thanks! I was wondering how I was gonna get it to work

• 3 months later...

Sorry to Necro, I love my Akeyo hud for this very reason (and no dang notecards). But been having trouble with script errors, not turning off correctly/still animating me when it shouldn't. Also does anyone know if it accepts dance timing in sub-seconds...like 43.4 seconds...the webpage is sorta broken when you do this. Is this just my hud or others have similar issues?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.