You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

Yes, for example a nice wedding picture with people in it would be appropriate in the Lifestyles and Relationships section:D

That would depend.  Since the OP sells wedding services, the picture would have to be personal to not be considered advertising. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, VirginaBrookes said:

I don't seem to have control of where it goes, I tried to put my stuff in destinations at first, but my photos have ended up in several areas I never intended.

Perhaps it you provided more clarity about the purpose behind posting the pictures, it would be easier for people to figure out where the appropriate area would be.  I have to admit that I've been a little confused - are you posting them as part of sharing an important event that you and your loved one experienced, or are you posting them to attract business to the wedding and honeymoon services you provide (advertising without saying you're advertising)? 

Also, try to craft the text that you're including with the pictures to the forum area where you're posting the pictures.  For example - in this thread it wasn't clear whether you created (as in built) the items, or were you 'creating' a look by how you furnished the room?  Is this a room in your house or a room that is connected with the honeymoon suites you provide?   You *might* be able to get away with posting in the "Home and Garden" thread if the text that accompanied them was something along the lines of how you decided to re-decorate the honeymoon suite and were excited about how it all came together so well, etc.  

If you post pictures in Destinations, include the name and slurl of the destination and what it is that makes it a great destination.  

Probably the best option, in my opinion, would be to start a blog or a flicker account, and then provide link(s) in your signature here in the forum, and then participate in various threads as catch your interest, and people will see the links to your business blog or flicker account. 

(If you aren't in the business of providing wedding and honeymoon services, I apologize, but that is what it looks like from what you have in your SL profile). 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VirginaBrookes said:

I don't seem to have control of where it goes, I tried to put my stuff in destinations at first, but my photos have ended up in several areas I never intended.

My guess is that the moderators may be moving some of your posts to what they consider to be the correct forum.  

Review the titles and descriptions of the sub-forums for help in determining where each post goes.  Here are the descriptions of the sub-forums in the People forum - all of the sub-forums have such descriptions.

Temp2.jpg.f157f4b7038b01f110d6ac9c9850bba3.jpg

Thank you you gave me the answer i needed, I'm new at his community thing ;) this is only for more vanity things and stuff people are doing, I got you now, I was mistaken when i signed up.  My apologies, I'm an honest person and have been trying to do a business on here, someone said it was a good place for it (haha  ;P ) but then got befuddled by what the comments were and such...so thank you! no more if that on here..I was told this was a place for business, when i should be blogging yes? only about me and mine from now on....all makes sense now

Soooo....after much thought and some frustration with my first business (this is normal I think, even with real life businesses)  I realize I need to be blogging, no speak of that is allowed on here.  I'm super new to all of this, so if someone could tell me how to blog, I'd appreciate it :) Thanks SL Community

aaa v autumn leaves_001.jpg

• Like 1

First I suggest open a flickr account for your brand.  Then after uploading your pictures search for appropriate second life groups to share them to.  (there are 100's)

You can also make a free blog on lots of sites such as blogger https://www.blogger.com   wordpress www.wordpress.com    wix http://www.wix.com

There are probably more.  I don't know which would suit you best

You can also make a facebook page/group for your brand.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.