Missing Items?

EllieFay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure if there's a cap or limit to how much you can "buy" in a day, but I went on a huge freebie haul yesterday and today when I went to organize I noticed I'm missing quite a bit of items I remember getting last night...

I'm not sure how to recover them or if I never actually got them due to a limit, but I don't recall any messages about a failed delivery or anything. Any ideas if I have them but they aren't showing up or if I gotta go retrace my steps now? :(

6 answers to this question

There's no limit, but you may have lost track of a mess of things with unfamiliar names. Marketplace deliveries ought to show up in your Received Items folder, at the bottom of your inventory, but you can double check on everything you have received recently by clicking the Recent tab and looking there.  You might have to adjust your filters to look at items added within a specific time period.

Also, check your Marketplace order history to see what you order and what the status of each order is.  Some things may not have actually been delivered.  Since they are freebies, you can try just ordering them again.  If you're ever missing items that are recorded as "delivered" but you never got them, you can also contact the seller directly, send a copy of your purchase record, and ask for a redelivery.

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

There's no limit, but you may have lost track of a mess of things with unfamiliar names. Marketplace deliveries ought to show up in your Received Items folder, at the bottom of your inventory, but you can double check on everything you have received recently by clicking the Recent tab and looking there.  You might have to adjust your filters to look at items added within a specific time period.

Also, check your Marketplace order history to see what you order and what the status of each order is.  Some things may not have actually been delivered.  Since they are freebies, you can try just ordering them again.  If you're ever missing items that are recorded as "delivered" but you never got them, you can also contact the seller directly, send a copy of your purchase record, and ask for a redelivery.

Sadly they weren't marketplace purchases. :( I had gone store to store in world so I may have lost track though I do remember hitting a lot of "accept" buttons...

39 minutes ago, EllieFay said:

Sadly they weren't marketplace purchases. :( I had gone store to store in world so I may have lost track though I do remember hitting a lot of "accept" buttons...

They may have landed in your objects file or just buried deep in your inventory. One trick I use when doing a freebee shopping spree is make a new folder and mark it with the name of the trip ("SL # Birthday" for example). It will show under the recent tab as will anything I find and accept. I grab a few items and then move them to the newly created folder for future sake, knowing where and what they are. It helps to not have to guess or remember the name of the free gift I acquired.

34 minutes ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

make a new folder and mark it with the name of the trip

I do this when I do a hunt too.  Nothing worse than a distraction mid hunt before you have opened your grabs and you find something 3 months later called FH2#5  and ^_^

8 hours ago, EllieFay said:

I'm not sure if there's a cap or limit to how much you can "buy" in a day, but I went on a huge freebie haul yesterday and today when I went to organize I noticed I'm missing quite a bit of items I remember getting last night...

I'm not sure how to recover them or if I never actually got them due to a limit, but I don't recall any messages about a failed delivery or anything. Any ideas if I have them but they aren't showing up or if I gotta go retrace my steps now? :(

Sometimes a simple relog will show items that seem to be missing.

If you need to retrace your steps, your Transaction History (from your Dashboard page) can at least show you all of the places where you paid L$0 for something.  As to the things that you got simply by touching something, you might find info about those in your Chat history -- lines such as 'so-and-so gave you xxx'.

Yes, study the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account.  It's not quite as detailed as the Marketplace Order History, but it should record everything that you received during that period.  Then use the Recent tab in your inventory to find out where the items are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.