Glytch eating up sailing channels

Callum Meriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just north of the Blake sea is a single region wide channel up to two more continents, and also the Dire Strait.

Recently this single region wide channel has been half eaten in two adjacent regions - Pieve and Cortona - for Glytch. This has caused a bit of a tacking bottleneck.

sigh.thumb.jpg.83b94364eae0855f3cd526ae68082579.jpg

Quite a few sail boats will default to a northerly wind. This means for the section Elhaddad to Arezzo we are tacking in order to sail it. Now we have half the space to do it in.

I don't mind tacking, and I personally wouldn't mind if only Pieve was used for this game, but it seems a bit much to take 2 adjacent sims for this game and put one in Cortona as well. It really does seem a bit greedy of the Moles, especially as they are taking half of the sailable water away in Cortona.

One would hope the Moles behind Glytch would be knowledgeable enough and more willing to try to lessen their impact on other residents. Every other region, or skip three would surely be better than putting two right next to each other?

People are not playing L$100 a SQM along all the coastlines to play Glytch.

Well so far there are no glytchs  or "Want to Play" signs on these land masses although I do agree that Cortona "looks" as though it could become a glych place (the same log used on another glytch area going across waterways).  There really aren't that many people out hunting glytchs so it does seem a bit odd to keep making more areas.  

I play the Glytch game and have been to every parcel that hosts it - never once been anywhere near here. They are not (currently as of this writing) adding any new places. As for tacking - I do it through here all the time. It doesn't require an entire SIM. In fact, are you not up to the challenge? OP sounds more like a "We're shpethule" rant, I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it's coming off as one.

The two regions are NOW active -- and new areas have been added each week :D.  The HUD only shows a few of the  areas at a time so if you don't play often it is easy to miss them.  

The larger island from the OP is -- to be fair -- only PART in glytchs (one larger part of an island) with many other areas attack free and pretty obviously set up for people visiting.  In fact I saw a boat moored there today and two folks visiting and exploring -- not hunters. 

So multipurpose.

It is likely that the thought behind the builds was only partly glytch oriented. It could very likely be though of a adding more places to explore and something to see on the horizon besides empty endless sea. Personally, I LIKE empty endless sea but I think I am in the minority there :D.

Yes, we are shpethule! LOL

I take everything tongue-in-cheek. Been in SL way too long to take it any other way.

@OP - I get your point, and nothing wrong with bringing it up for a discussion. The main reason for my initial reply  - which really isn't fair to you (OP) - comes from what I am always constantly seeing in SL profiles and such: So much angst along with a heavy dose of entitlement syndrome.

I see the entire Blake Sea area - and ALL water sims that are (more or less) connected to it that are not *inside( the "mainland" as a gift. These are sims no one is paying that LL is providing gratis at the request of the original Sailing Community (MarkTwain White and Company coordinating with LL) So, if all these sims are provided for free, for community use and owned by the SIMGODS, then do the SIMGODS not have the very right to use and reapply how those sims are used at-will?

The Glytch game is a two-part thing: 1) to create a little something for all the amazingly bored people standing around at places like Open Collar and other hook-up venues to go do something that is actually kind of fun to do. 2) Private parcel owners can also have these things because it will actually generate real, live traffic for them. So, technically speaking, no matter how you look at it or think of it, it really is sort of a win-win, right?

And to update my original comment: Yes, I have now seen where that area described by the OP is now active (and also one of the suckier Glytch zone setups, actually).

Anyway - just wanted to throw in that yes, OP: I get it, and I feel for you. Though I do a crap-ton of sailing myself and tacking on even a 1-quarter strip of sim is not an issue for me. This is partly why I replied the way I did, though by not making it clear that I am tongue-in-cheek chuckling as I do it makes it uncalled-for and not really fair. So I do so directly apologize. And since I don;t believe in political correctness BS I will actually say the words: I am sorry.

Edited by Qa Boa
Typoroonies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.