Advice on mesh heads?

angeoco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I'm not desperate to follow the trend for mesh heads just yet, as my current look is not awful, but just out of curiosity I have been demoing all the reasonable-looking Bento heads I can find. I don't like the sourpuss mouth and slitty eyes of most of them, but Meli Imako Rooth (left) and Genesis Lena (right) come fairly close to the look I want.

59da7e20c6a41_Screenshot-081017-192203.thumb.png.7763bc95bd05e2abac499a83a4a483bf.png

Rooth (2,000 L$) is really aimed at creators. It not have a HUD, and it needs improvement in looks and animations, but it is full-perm and I don't mind doing some technical work (scripting/texturing) to bring it up to standard, if that is possible.

Lena (4,000 L$) is nicely done, but it has a high rendering complexity of about 35,000 and a high script count. The demo does not have a HUD, but from pictures on the website it seems there is no way to remove the scripts. It also does not accept Omega skins (but does accept Omega makeup/tattoos). There are no ears or animations with the demo either, so I have no way of knowing what they are like. It also has a problem with the bottom gums poking out through the chin at non-extreme shape settings, which I hope they would fix in an update. And it seems their support group is closed for new members; what that means I don't know.

So, does anybody have opinions on these heads, or know of any others with similar looks that would be worth looking at?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by angeoco

The Genesis Labs group is closed while the new group gift head is in notices. It will re-open after that.

Almost all of the bento heads I've demo'd have that poke-thru at the mouth at some point, so I had to find one where the lips were mostly what I wanted to start with. Which seemed impossible since they all have rather plump lips.

I don't think I've seen any heads that are mod other than ones that are full perm and would require some technical work. Have you tried any Ga.Eg heads or LAQ? I know LAQ just updated a bunch of older skins with appliers.

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 1

Personally, I like the head being Omega compatible (not just the makeup layers). If I really loved the head, I could probably do without, but that feature does give you a lot more flexibility with skins which is a definitely plus. I was also a bit turned off by not being able to experiment with the HUD, and see the animations. I just don't see the reasoning behind that.

Have you tried Lelutka? I have seen similar shapes being used on that head.

• Like 3

I will go along with the MUST have Omega (unless of course it is Letluka or Catwa LOL). I would not buy any head that wasn't one of those three. You have almost no options then and that ain't good.

Also many heads will let you demo skins so it is REALLY important to find a skin and head match. A lot of the other things can be adjusted with your shape.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

The Genesis Labs group is closed while the new group gift head is in notices. It will re-open after that.

Almost all of the bento heads I've demo'd have that poke-thru at the mouth at some point, so I had to find one where the lips were mostly what I wanted to start with. Which seemed impossible since they all have rather plump lips.

I don't think I've seen any heads that are mod other than ones that are full perm and would require some technical work. Have you tried any Ga.Eg heads or LAQ? I know LAQ just updated a bunch of older skins with appliers.

NEW GIFT HEAD???
How did I miss this.

/runs!

Oh wait is this Kiana?
I have it already :D

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

NEW GIFT HEAD???
How did I miss this.

/runs!

Oh wait is this Kiana?
I have it already :D

LOL yes Kiana, it's been updated though so might want to grab the one in notices too. I heard the original takes Omega skins by *mistake* so you might want to keep both. I haven't tested it though.

12 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

LOL yes Kiana, it's been updated though so might want to grab the one in notices too. I heard the original takes Omega skins by *mistake* so you might want to keep both. I haven't tested it though.

Got it.

I have used the original version and love this one.  Has a unique look which is something I like about the Genesis heads

Thanks a lot for those replies! I have tried all the brands mentioned but nothing really stood out. I must admit Rooth has caught my imagination; it might be a fun project to build on it, and the cost is quite reasonable. Hmmm.....

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.