Skin tinter for mesh heads?

Sadvhi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've tried many different mesh heads, but the skins I like the most are much too pale for my taste. I have a skin tinter tattoo layer that works with normal skins, and was wondering if there is something similar (or another alternative) that would work to darken the skins applied to mesh heads. I know there are often tattoo layers for makeup included with mesh heads, but I haven't heard of any sort of full face tattoo layer that you could tint to make your face appear a darker shade, like there is for regular skins. 

In general you will be much better off with a skin MADE in the tone you want than tinting which often gives a very "flat" appearance.  And if you "just" tinted your face it would never match your body. For that you need appliers that are for BOTH head of your maker (or Omega) and body.   Keep on with the demos and you will likely find something to your liking. 

• Like 1

Thank you! I see so many wonderful photos of skins, and the skin looks so warm in the photos but when I try it myself I look like a porcelain doll, with weird shadows that make my face look really artificial. I will keep hunting for one that looks more natural. Thanks again for your feedback!

9 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Doesn’t windlight only change how you see your self, others will not see you the same so you would still be pale to others?

Yes, that's correct. However, using a neutral Windlight setting can give you a better idea what the skin you're wearing actually looks like. The OP's Windlight might be the reason she's seeing her skin as pale with weird shadows. After all, she said pictures from the vendor looked much warmer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.