How the heck do you create a response?? This site is really annoying!

Love Leonoase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok on my other thread asking about if I'm the only one having difficulty using and navigating the site, I wanted to create a post, simply to say thank you, to all the people who responded and shared an answer.....

but there is no link to do so!

There is a link to comment on a particular response, but why the heck is this there?  All that does is just create more clicking, and make the thread harder to follow!!

EDIT -  APPARENTLY SOME OF YOU ARE UNAWARE, THAT THERE IS NO "ANSWER" BUTTON AVAILABLE, IF YOU ARE THE OP.   HOW STUPID!!!!!!!!!

Also, I tried the comments option, but after I posted a comment to someone, I could not see it.  Even when clicking the comments link, it would not come up. 

But I think I get it now -  this site has some really clueless people designing it.

12 answers to this question

You are correct Love & we so love this format LOL :D

The original poster can either go to Options > Edit and add more to the original post or use the comments. I would like to say that the regular users here are getting used to all the extra clicking and the complete lack of flow to the threads, but the truth is that we just put up with it until a soliution can be found...It is being worked on :)

I dunno.  It all seems pretty simple to me.  Click the green Answer button to make a new post.  You can list the responses by who has the most Kudos (which seems silly to me) or by the order in which they were posted (newest first). Easy to post, easy to follow.   The only thing that annoys me is the Comments option. I can't figure why it's there, and it's very easy to overlook when you are scanning the thread.

Aha! I've never posted a question, so that missed my attention. That IS a dumb setup. And it explains (sort of) why this Comments option is here, although I still think it's easy to overlook. Overall, though, the forums are a little quirky but I don't find them very hard to navigate.

@ Love, I absolutely agree and I also have a laptop that cannot open the comments.

@Rolig, this is why we ahve been saying that there is such a massive increase in the number of OPs that never come back with the info we request or even just to say thankyou. Its not them its the weird format.

The current plan is to get rid of the comments feature totally and add the ability for the OP to post again, so fingerscrossed that happens SOON :)

Oh, I did not realize that there was no green answer button for the OP, that is odd. Seems to me I was able to post to my own threads before, must just be in the forums. Also, I can't open comments from my phone unless a comment was the last thing posted, like now. The OP's edit, that just means the setup is stupid, right? :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.