Non-International Card using still having issues

RockyDenten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

17 hours ago, RockyDenten said:

I live in the US but I am still having problems submitting my debit card in. The maintenance report says it happens to International card holders.  Why am I having this problem?

I can't add my credit card information, even tho it worked just fine before. I am outside US

Edited by Jeny Howlett

5 hours ago, Jeny Howlett said:

I can't add my credit card information, even tho it worked just fine before. I am outside US

I'd contact billing:

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Our Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd contact billing:

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Our Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

Thanks. I will first try to set up a verified paypal account though. Then ill see.

1 minute ago, Jolene Merlin said:

Oh.  My.  God... I can't believe how stupid this is!

I just got an email about this, and I at first thought it might be some sort of scam because the URL it refers me to click is some wierd "click.em.secondlife.com" URL and I was thinking "click'em" huh?  Yeah right... so started looking for information on the email and found this discussion thread.

Ok, look here Linden Labs..

First, I am not an international resident, I live in the United States!

Second, I've been a Premium Subscriber for years, and I do not, and will never... own a Credit Card, I cancelled all of mine over 10 years ago and never looked back!

Nor do I trust Pay Pal; they've burned me twice over the years over ebay purchases.

I will only ever use a Debit Card; and have been using it as my Payment info for years now... so either FIX THIS...

Or I do predict you'll be losing a LOT of payers...

Yeah, I am in the US and my account has never had a credit card on it, only PayPal.  Additionally, I'm pretty sure that all emails that I've ever received before from LL have been addressed to my Avatar name.  Therefore I also was going to report it, but then I got the grid status update that referenced the email.

One note though -- Debit cards are no longer a valid form of payment.  That changed a while back and whenever the info has to be renewed, it will not be accepted.  Only a credit card or PayPal, if you are in the US.

Side note - you are mostly just ranting to other residents here.  LL only sometimes reads the forum posts.

I have always used Visa Debit Cards and It still takes debit cards. When you reenter your information, under adding credit card, the line entry says credit/debit card. You go through the steps of entering your billing information, card number, date of expiration and the security code.  Once all of that is complete, you then proceed so that their system can  authorize your card. Their system tells you if it was accepted or not. If accepted, you hit continue and your payment information is updated. If the system is not authorizing it, you should contact billing. My debit card is a Visa. 

Oh, I forgot to add, I got one of those emails too, but I live in the US. It was simply a matter of updating again as they stated.

Edited by desireme Fallen

On 9/27/2017 at 4:52 AM, Jolene Merlin said:

I just got an email about this, and I at first thought it might be some sort of scam because the URL it refers me to click is some wierd "click.em.secondlife.com" URL and I was thinking "click'em" huh?  Yeah right... so started looking for information on the email and found this discussion thread.

Second, I've been a Premium Subscriber for years, and I do not, and will never... own a Credit Card, I cancelled all of mine over 10 years ago and never looked back!

Nor do I trust Pay Pal; they've burned me twice over the years over ebay purchases.

I will only ever use a Debit Card; and have been using it as my Payment info for years now... so either FIX THIS...

The email is legit, but there was a mix up & the email was sent to some accounts that were not affected.
See this post by LL:

5 minutes ago, Breeze2121 said:

you say it has to be a credit card and not debit well i used a credit card and it took the dollar but gives me a errror

Taking the dollar is the way the verification works - the dollar will go back soon.  Typically though, if it successfully takes the dollar, then it considers the card good.  Thus it sounds like you'll actually need to talk to Billing - though that will have to wait until Monday since they are closed today for the holiday weekend.

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  

Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

Yeah, preachin to the choir.

I just wanted to rant, I know LL doesn't really care much about these forums.

What about VISA Certified/Verified Debit Cards? 

They're essentially supposed to be the same thing as Credit and can be run as Credit, but work like Debit...

Edited by Jolene Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.