Maitreya Mesh Body Hud Not working

tagtoteach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just recently bought the Maitreya Mesh Body  and Im trying to open the Hud but it wont fully show up. Each time i try to attach it or wear it i get a side message stating that it has "too much texture memory and may render my performance". Anyone know how to remedy this?

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Did you happen to attach to HUD to a different HUD attachment point then the creator had set?
That will cause the HUD not to display correctly - you'll have to edit the HUD & rotate it.

If that wasn't the problem, can you take a screenshot showing how the HUD looks broken & post it here?

yes and unfortunately it doesn't help. Im going to find some free screenshot app and download it to take one for you. gimmie a bit

Edited by tagtoteach

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The problem is HD Graphics 4600... As this is an Alienware unit showing only HD Graphics, something isn't right. If this is a laptop, it is common for them to use a Power Saving mode over the Performance mode, which turns off the video chip making it invisible to Windows. Both NVIDIA and AMD/ATI have a control panels that will let you make settings for individual apps. Create one for SL and set it for Max Performance. For help with making a game profile Google for your brand of video card and 'how to' make a game profile.

You may have to look up up your computer at Dell and read the specs to verify which video card you have. There will be a service ID somewhere on the unit. Get that ID to get not just the model's general specs but your specific computer's specs as they sold it.

Ok, I'll give that a try to. Thanks

If you say so...

However, if you had included that screenshot right away on Monday, you would have had a nicely working HUD all week.
But since you seem inclined to ignore the pretty obvious solution which I hinted, you'll probably be stuck with your trouble for sometime longer. Sucks for someone, not me, though.

15 minutes ago, tagtoteach said:

That wasn't even your first suggestion babe. actually, you never suggested that. you can try to edit it now but you wanna talk screenshots, i got screenshots of this whole thread, minus the edit you just did to your previous post above. You never said that. But also, I'm already in the process of trying to get a new one. Already sent a message to the creator. You done?

Here is a screen shot of the post where she said to use a new copy - and the screen shot shows that her post has not been edited:

image.png.f76b64f1df2adf571117b0bf427bd655.png

1 minute ago, tagtoteach said:

That was after she flipped ***** on me for no reason. Would you take that as actual advice after someone is being a jerk to you? Honestly? Did you see her original solution? Had nothing to do with that. Why is it so hard for people to just be cool. If you can't help there are so many other threads.

Wow, you down vote my answer just because it pointed out where something you said was not accurate and therefore supported one thing that she said.

Act like a toddler often?

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, you down vote my answer just because it pointed out where something you said was not accurate and therefore supported one thing that she said.

Act like a toddler often?

Did you even read what I wrote? 'Cause that's why I down voted it. Read. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tagtoteach said:

Did you even read what I wrote? 'Cause that's why I down voted it. Read. 

I was giving accurate information.  Just because YOU felt that what she said was to be ignored because of how she replied to you is completely irrelevant.  My post was still completely accurate and without any judgement.  Voting it down just because you didn't like it is ridiculous.

You are responding like a child -- "but mommy, she stuck her tongue out at me"

• Administrators

Hey there!

Just dropping in a quick note to remind everyone to please remain on topic and keep any back & forth bickering to PMs (or just drop it completely), as it makes it difficult for others to follow along to find a solution for the issue.

You may review our posting Guidelines here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/403538-community-participation-guidelines/

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 14/09/2017 at 8:32 PM, tagtoteach said:

And no, what i wrote down is way closer to what it says. It's a few words off but it's way closer than "Texture Discarded Due to Insufficient Memory" I've never seen anything from second life say that. I didn't even know it can apparently discard textures. 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:15 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

The warning is to tell you your HUD has a lot of textures. As HUD textures are retained in video memory as part of the User Interface, they eat up memory you'll need to render the the scene. Such HUD's push people into 'Texture Thrashing', where textures making up the scene load and render sharp and crisp then go blurry and repeat the cycle.

No matter how much video memory you have on your card, the viewers can only use about 2GB of it. So, high texture HUD's tend to be a problem by eating up that memory for something you may not use all that much.

I wear my Slink Body HUD when dressing and building outfits. Once dressed I remove it to free up texture memory and lighten my script load.

Thanks Nalates, this explains SO MUCH.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:00 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That's not exactly what the message says, but it's close.  The message is

Texture Discarded Due to Insufficent Memory

Here's what it means and what to do about it >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_textures_discarded

And no, what i wrote down is way closer to what it says. It's a few words off but it's way closer than "Texture Discarded Due to Insufficient Memory" I've never seen anything from second life say that. I didn't even know it can apparently discard textures. 

On 9/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It could be this one... Preferences > Notifications > Alerts tab ... and then start scrolling for "Warn me when my HUD complexity is too high".

Send it to "never show" and it should be gone for good.

On 9/14/2017 at 3:36 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Yep, that works. I turned off that alert LONG ago as almost ever texture hud calls it. I don't leave them on my screen of course. I never had it come up for my Letluka head (old) or for Lara though. 

Thank you, but I've seen these options before but i don't want to hide the notification, the notification isn't the main concern. It just seems to go with the main problem above.

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

If the hud is partially off the screen, you can EDIT it and drag the hud onto your screen fully. You may have moved it by accident? If that is it and adjusting sounds too hard, then you could get a redelivery from the store and use that hud. It "should" show up on your screen correctly. Hope so. 

No other ideas. 

yeah, done that l0l i can see the main outline its just not fully coming up. it's not the placement of the HUD at all. Just the fact it wont fully show

Edited by tagtoteach

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

I think somewhere in all of this, there was a mention about having a problem finding the 'about' menu button and another suggestion that the UI scaling seemed off, along with mention of an Intel graphics.  When I was logging in to SL a few minutes ago, the Firestorm welcome message mentioned a problem that may occur with Intel graphics (depending on the driver installed)  where the viewer screen is too large, the top menu bar is missing and the click area is too low.  While this may not be related to the HUD problem directly, it might be worth checking the info out at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_issues in case it is a contributory or a secondary issue. 

Yes. Thank you. Someone actually trying to help. I'll check the link out. If anything it should at least get me closer to where I need to be to get things on the right track.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2017 at 1:54 PM, Chic Aeon said:

It might help if you post your computer stats here.  Under HELP in the viewer and you can copy and paste (at least in Firestorm- I suspect in the Linden viewer or whatever viewer you are using). 

I have never seen that but the message SOUNDS like either your computer is too low end for the hud to work or you need to change some viewer settings so that you CAN see the hud.  The hud is very well designed and many thousands use it, so  ... I doubt it is the hud per se.

I'll try to post the stats in a bit but there's no way my computer is too "low-end". I have an Alienware. 

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... and we're still waiting for you to provide something useful like it was requested. Screenshot. Full system specs.

Help the helpers to help you.

The stats you mentioned aren't in my second life viewer. Plus i had work and i completely forgot. 

These are just my regular computer stats. not sure what else to look for;

Manufacturer: Alienware

Model: Alienware ALIENWARE17

Processor: Intel (R) Core Processor i7-4700 MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

That's verbatim what it says minus some more personal parts of my comp stats.

Edited by tagtoteach

... and we're still waiting for you to provide something useful like it was requested. Screenshot. Full system specs.

Help the helpers to help you.

1 hour ago, tagtoteach said:

The stats you mentioned aren't in my second life viewer. Plus i had work and i completely forgot. 

These are just my regular computer stats. not sure what else to look for;

Manufacturer: Alienware

Model: Alienware ALIENWARE17

Processor: Intel (R) Core Processor i7-4700 MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

That's verbatim what it says minus some more personal parts of my comp stats.

Alrighty, let the downvotes begin...

I posted them so... no help then? I don't understand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good CPU + craptastic integrated graphics = your Alienware completely sucks for game-like applications. 

And your UI scaling is larger than usual.

so.....

what's the point of talking ***** just because you don't have an answer? if you aren't going to help then use your time to do something useful :D

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.