Maitreya Mesh Body Hud Not working

tagtoteach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just recently bought the Maitreya Mesh Body  and Im trying to open the Hud but it wont fully show up. Each time i try to attach it or wear it i get a side message stating that it has "too much texture memory and may render my performance". Anyone know how to remedy this?

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Did you happen to attach to HUD to a different HUD attachment point then the creator had set?
That will cause the HUD not to display correctly - you'll have to edit the HUD & rotate it.

If that wasn't the problem, can you take a screenshot showing how the HUD looks broken & post it here?

The HUD may be hard to see but its in the top center. That's as far down as I can get it. The message on the right is the same message that has been popping up when I attach the HUD.

Screenshot - 9_15_2017 , 8_50_11 PM.png

• Thanks 2

I get this message in Firestorm when I put on my Slink Body HUD. It only pops up for a few seconds.

AFAIK, there is no way to turn it off. But, being it is FS, there is probably a way.

The warning is to tell you your HUD has a lot of textures. As HUD textures are retained in video memory as part of the User Interface, they eat up memory you'll need to render the the scene. Such HUD's push people into 'Texture Thrashing', where textures making up the scene load and render sharp and crisp then go blurry and repeat the cycle.

No matter how much video memory you have on your card, the viewers can only use about 2GB of it. So, high texture HUD's tend to be a problem by eating up that memory for something you may not use all that much.

I wear my Slink Body HUD when dressing and building outfits. Once dressed I remove it to free up texture memory and lighten my script load.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, tagtoteach said:

Thank you. So I just have to wait for everything in the are to render for my HUD to finally completely show? Any suggestions on where i should go in second life to make that easier? I've tried a bunch of places, sandboxes, public areas, dead areas, and all.

If the HUD is not completely rendering, there is a problem.

In general HUD's should render ahead of the scene as they get classed as part of the UI. That isn't always the case. 

There is a problem where the asset pipeline stalls. If it does, your HUD won't render fully. That is usually cleared up by teleporting or restarting. Sometimes it self corrects in 5 to 10 minutes. So, waiting may solve the problem. But, it is more likely a connection or video memory issue.

You could try logging into a deserted region, no other avatars. An empty, deserted region is even better. Pooley, Furball... look on the map while in world to find other regions in the area. You'll see large ocean areas. Pick one of those regions that is deserted.

You might try clearing your Inventory Cache, which is NOT the viewer cache. 

To delete just your Inventory Cache:

• ·         Look in: Preferences → Advanced.
  • ·         Do NOT click Clear Cache.
  • ·         Find the cache location, hover your cursor over the field titled: Cache Location.
  • ·         Default Location is: C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Local\SecondLife\
    •   This can vary if you use an alternate cache location
  • ·         Navigate to that location using Windows Explorer.
  • ·         Find files that end in: .inv.gz and delete, rename, or move them to another folder.
  • ·         Now start the viewer and log into a deserted region; Pooley, Furball, etc.
  • ·         Open inventory and type a letter into Inventory Search.
  • ·         The inventory should reload and build a new cache.
Edited by Nalates Urriah
Correct typo in name
  • Like 1

Since you still haven't managed to show a proper screenshot of your problem and you happily let others guess what it might actually look like, I find this adequately useful compared to the level of effort you're putting into solving your problem.
You want others to do you a favor and you're wasting everyone's time by your repeated "ooh, wait a minute"... 

Too bad that simply hitting the Print key on the keyboard and pasting the screenshot into Paint/IrfanView/whatever image viewer, saving it and attaching it to a post here can't be done on your machine... oh.

Neither job nor husband will fix your issue.

A fresh copy of that HUD does. Not my problem if you decide to ignore that.

//

It took less than 5 minutes after seeing that screenie to log back in, make a test copy of my own Maitreya HUD, attach that to the Top HUD slot and notice that it looks exactly like the sight in the pic. Scaled down far enough, one can tell that the HUD is flipped upside down with the major part of it sitting outside of the viewing area and merely those few elements are visible on screen. It could probably be turned and rotated and moved, but the far quicker solution is an untouched copy of that HUD with the original attachment spot.

The computer specs were completely misleading in this case, hinting to problems with the integrated graphics and the UI scaling. 
Actually showing the problem did the trick.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
Replying to an edit
  • Like 1

I think somewhere in all of this, there was a mention about having a problem finding the 'about' menu button and another suggestion that the UI scaling seemed off, along with mention of an Intel graphics.  When I was logging in to SL a few minutes ago, the Firestorm welcome message mentioned a problem that may occur with Intel graphics (depending on the driver installed)  where the viewer screen is too large, the top menu bar is missing and the click area is too low.  While this may not be related to the HUD problem directly, it might be worth checking the info out at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_issues in case it is a contributory or a secondary issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Notice: Your system specifications

There is definitely something something wrong, your Allienware17 game laptop has a Nvidea GForce graphic card beside the build in Intel graphics on board.

What could cause the NVidea not to be shown?

A) You run on battery and battery level is below a given value, where you system disables advanced features to save power - plug in the laptop to power outlet.

B) Configuration, settings could be wrong - try to set it to High Performance in Power Settings in Windows.

In the NVidea Cotrol panel, set SL/Firestorm Viewer to use High Performance NVidea processor.

You can also change between the integrated and the NVidea graphics with Fn+F5 on an Allienware17- that is toggle between build in on board graphic and Nvidea, but the NVidea requires either plugged into power outlet or as shown above always use on cost of battery.

If the steps above does not help, get help from a computer wizard friend, who can check BIOS and drivers according to Dell/Allienware knowledge base.

PS
Do not get scared when the above solution makes your computer faster and SL run better and in high graphics quality! :D

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

Notice: Your system specifications

There is definitely something something wrong, your Allienware17 game laptop has a Nvidea GForce graphic card beside the build in Intel graphics on board.

What could cause the NVidea not to be shown?

A) You run on battery and battery level is below a given value, where you system disables advanced features to save power - plug in the laptop to power outlet.

B) Configuration, settings could be wrong - try to set it to High Performance in Power Settings in Windows.

In the NVidea Cotrol panel, set SL/Firestorm Viewer to use High Performance NVidea processor.

You can also change between the integrated and the NVidea graphics with Fn+F5 on an Allienware17- that is toggle between build in on board graphic and Nvidea, but the NVidea requires either plugged into power outlet or as shown above always use on cost of battery.

If the steps above does not help, get help from a computer wizard friend, who can check BIOS and drivers according to Dell/Allienware knowledge base.

PS
Do not get scared when the above solution makes your computer faster and SL run better and in high graphics quality! :D

In addition, you should also be able to right click on the viewer shortcut & choose the "Run with graphics processor" option to choose to run the viewer with the intel or Nvidia graphics.

5bZ3wgLPRdOpmg0MtpX7WA.png

• Like 1

@tagtoteach This thread is complicated because of the up and down voting... sheese...

To get a HUD out where you can get to it, right-click any HUD you can see. Select EDIT. Then zoom out, usually mouse-wheel.

Once you can see the problem HUD, select it. Then you can move it to a place inside the viewable area. When it is where you want it, exit EDIT mode and the screen will snap out of the zoom.

HUD's are meant to be attached to a specific screen location. Some can be attached to different attachment points and work well. Others won't. Some hide by sliding outside the viewable area. Those usually have to remain on a specific attachment point. You have to experiment to know which are which.

• Like 1

It might help if you post your computer stats here.  Under HELP in the viewer and you can copy and paste (at least in Firestorm- I suspect in the Linden viewer or whatever viewer you are using). 

I have never seen that but the message SOUNDS like either your computer is too low end for the hud to work or you need to change some viewer settings so that you CAN see the hud.  The hud is very well designed and many thousands use it, so  ... I doubt it is the hud per se.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

AFAIK, there is no way to turn it off. But, being it is FS, there is probably a way.

It could be this one... Preferences > Notifications > Alerts tab ... and then start scrolling for "Warn me when my HUD complexity is too high".

Send it to "never show" and it should be gone for good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It could be this one... Preferences > Notifications > Alerts tab ... and then start scrolling for "Warn me when my HUD complexity is too high".

Send it to "never show" and it should be gone for good.

Yep, that works. I turned off that alert LONG ago as almost ever texture hud calls it. I don't leave them on my screen of course. I never had it come up for my Letluka head (old) or for Lara though. 

On 9/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I get this message in Firestorm when I put on my Slink Body HUD. It only pops up for a few seconds.

The warning is to tell you your HUD has a lot of textures. As HUD textures are retained in video memory as part of the User Interface, they eat up memory you'll need to render the the scene. Such HUD's push people into 'Texture Thrashing', where textures making up the scene load and render sharp and crisp then go blurry and repeat the cycle.

No matter how much video memory you have on your card, the viewers can only use about 2GB of it. So, high texture HUD's tend to be a problem by eating up that memory for something you may not use all that much.

I wear my Slink Body HUD when dressing and building outfits. Once dressed I remove it to free up texture memory and lighten my script load.

Thank you. So I just have to wait for everything in the are to render for my HUD to finally completely show? Any suggestions on where i should go in second life to make that easier? I've tried a bunch of places, sandboxes, public areas, dead areas, and all.

6 minutes ago, tagtoteach said:

Thank you, but I've seen these options before but i don't want to hide the notification, the notification isn't the main concern. It just seems to go with the main problem above.

If the hud is partially off the screen, you can EDIT it and drag the hud onto your screen fully. You may have moved it by accident? If that is it and adjusting sounds too hard, then you could get a redelivery from the store and use that hud. It "should" show up on your screen correctly. Hope so. 

No other ideas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If the HUD is not completely rendering, there is a problem.

In general HUD's should render ahead of the scene as they get classed as part of the UI. That isn't always the case. 

There is a problem where the asset pipeline stalls. If it does, your HUD won't render fully. That is usually cleared up by teleporting or restarting. Sometimes it self corrects in 5 to 10 minutes. So, waiting may solve the problem. But, it is more likely a connection or video memory issue.

You could try logging into a deserted region, no other avatars. An empty, deserted region is even better. Pooley, Furball... look on the map while in world to find other regions in the area. You'll see large ocean areas. Pick one of those regions that is deserted.

You might try clearing your Inventory Cache, which is NOT the viewer cache. 

To delete just your Inventory Cache:

• ·         Look in: Preferences → Advanced.
  • ·         Do NOT click Clear Cache.
  • ·         Find the cache location, hover your cursor over the field titled: Cache Location.
  • ·         Default Location is: C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Local\SecondLife\
    •   This can vary if you use an alternate cache location
  • ·         Navigate to that location using Windows Explorer.
  • ·         Find files that end in: .inv.gz and delete, rename, or move them to another folder.
  • ·         Now start the viewer and log into a deserted region; Pooley, Furball, etc.
  • ·         Open inventory and type a letter into Inventory Search.
  • ·         The inventory should reload and build a new cache.

Thank you. I'm giving it a go now. Both fingers crossed. I'll come back asap and tell you how it goes :)

32 minutes ago, tagtoteach said:

The stats you mentioned aren't in my second life viewer. Plus i had work and i completely forgot. 

These are just my regular computer stats. not sure what else to look for;

Manufacturer: Alienware

Model: Alienware ALIENWARE17

Processor: Intel (R) Core Processor i7-4700 MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

That's verbatim what it says minus some more personal parts of my comp stats.

Good. But, the missing information is the video card or ship. Open the viewer and click HELP->ABOUT... that is the information to copy and paste when asking for help here.

The i7 is a 4th gen CPU and should have good graphics processing support. But, Alienware units almost always have a dedicated video card/chip.

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Good. But, the missing information is the video card or ship. Open the viewer and click HELP->ABOUT... that is the information to copy and paste when asking for help here.

The i7 is a 4th gen CPU and should have good graphics processing support. But, Alienware units almost always have a dedicated video card/chip.

Took a while to find it. my "about" tab was actually not there. As I mentioned before, i couldn't find this earlier. I had to uninstall and re-install second life in order for the "about" tab to pop up, but that's a problem for another day l0l

Here's what i found;

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (2394.52 MHz)
Memory: 16270 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 13.152.1.2200
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 10.18.14.4264

Window size: 1920x1005
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 500kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 3 / 7
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 512MB
VFS (cache) creation time: September 15 2017 17:58:32

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
LibVLC Version: 2.2.4
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.22050

Packets Lost: 0/2,579 (0.0%)
September 15 2017 18:01:21

Edited by tagtoteach

Did you happen to attach to HUD to a different HUD attachment point then the creator had set?
That will cause the HUD not to display correctly - you'll have to edit the HUD & rotate it.

If that wasn't the problem, can you take a screenshot showing how the HUD looks broken & post it here?

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
Typos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, tagtoteach said:

Took a while to find it. my "about" tab was actually not there. As I mentioned before, i couldn't find this earlier. I had to uninstall and re-install second life in order for the "about" tab to pop up, but that's a problem for another day l0l

Here's what i found;

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (2394.52 MHz)
Memory: 16270 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 13.152.1.2200
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 10.18.14.4264

....snip...

The problem is HD Graphics 4600... As this is an Alienware unit showing only HD Graphics, something isn't right. If this is a laptop, it is common for them to use a Power Saving mode over the Performance mode, which turns off the video chip making it invisible to Windows. Both NVIDIA and AMD/ATI have a control panels that will let you make settings for individual apps. Create one for SL and set it for Max Performance. For help with making a game profile Google for your brand of video card and 'how to' make a game profile.

You may have to look up up your computer at Dell and read the specs to verify which video card you have. There will be a service ID somewhere on the unit. Get that ID to get not just the model's general specs but your specific computer's specs as they sold it.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.