Face Change

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

Please accept my apologies if this has been done to death but I havnt a clue how to proceed.

I have the slink hourglass body, slink hands and feet but this is all over the top of my my original sl body using the slink hourglass alpha mask for body only, classic head still showing. 

I would like to change the appearance of my face and in the old days as i remember all this needed was a new skin.  Ive tried this but no visible change to my face can be seen and on some occassions im shoved up in the air by about 10 feet ?? and my body get sort of morphed, tall and skinny with huge hands !!

I am totally lost with this and thinking this needs a mesh head etc ior is it just a simple case of changing my skin and im being a thicko xD  Would appreciate any help please

Sounds to me like you need a skin that has both a system skin and an Omega applier (plus the slink Omega relay -- you add the HUD and maybe click it first to let the system know it's there then the Omega skin applier will put the skin on your body, hands and feet.) I used that setup -- Slink hands, feet and body with a system head for a while and it worked just fine. 

The only time I ever saw that big hands and feet thing was with a demo shape or skin (I forget which).

Edited by Sagadin

4 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

It sounds like you've applied a demo shape rather than a skin. Demo shapes usually make your hands huge.

Yes, this must be the issue with the shape change. A skin does not change the body.

Have you used a skin applier when you try to change face skin? Appliers have a box symbol in the inventory, it attach to screen and you click it.

An applier can not change the classic head. You need to use the skin. The skin icon is here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory#Body_Parts

Some creators stop making skin for classic heads. Their demo skins will perhaps have a default texture for the head part.

3 minutes ago, saemantha said:

ok and thanks for all the replies :)

Seems i need to try an applier for a new skin.  I already have the omega hud for slink, either that or go for a mesh head o.O

The applier is for the body, the system head needs a new system skin to match the applier skin. If you end up getting a mesh head make sure it also works with Omega -- that may require a second Omega relay (unless you get a Slink head or one with built in Omega compatibility). Demo, demo, demo before buying a new head. As I mentioned, you don't need a mesh head with the Slink body to solve your skin issue. You just need a skin that includes BOTH a system skin and an Omega applier and there are plenty of those around. Sometimes skin makers sell the applier separately, sometimes it's all bundled in a package.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:47 PM, saemantha said:

ok got that.  any recomendations as to the best place to go ? :)

What do you want to look like? There are some skin types. Pink Fuel is very popular for their innocent faces and the body appliers have lots of options.

Glam Affair have very sweet faces too.

For both these stores, they were huge in system skins for the default head. Now they sell mostly head appliers. For Pink Fuel, I know there is a section that you teleport to from the main store, with all sort of old system skins. If you find the face you like there, then try the appliers in the mainstore.

For Glam Affair, I haven't been in that store lately, I am not sure how many of their old skins they sell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.