Inventory Not There in Beta site

Studcrusher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK I did this once before, I thought it has something to do with changing the password that makes the INV that you have on SL to port over to the beta site so you can use it when making stuff.

I changed the password twice. (this is for my 2 alts not the main ava) and waited 3 days. The alts 'agreed' to the TOS and can log on to there but the inv is almost at "factory default".. ugh.,

My question is where do I go to submit a ticked to ask for a lil bit a help?

13 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Studcrusher said:

OK I did this once before, I thought it has something to do with changing the password that makes the INV that you have on SL to port over to the beta site so you can use it when making stuff.

I changed the password twice. (this is for my 2 alts not the main ava) and waited 3 days. The alts 'agreed' to the TOS and can log on to there but the inv is almost at "factory default".. ugh.,

My question is where do I go to submit a ticked to ask for a lil bit a help?

The changing the password thing was abandoned quite awhile ago. Now the inventories are supposed to be linked automatically (one way of course). Put in a support ticket to let the devs know you have an issue. I THINK you can do it from the main grid; I am thinking there isn't support directly from the beta grid. 

Well that was the issue I could not find what I thought was the proper .. well.. Its not a billing issue and I saw where that was at. Its not a bug.. per say.. Shows how often I need to deal with anything more then a buggy modem.

DO yo have a a wiki link for me please?

As Alwin said, a password change is not the trigger for an inventory update. The trigger is logging into ADITI... when it isn't broken, as it is now.

The update usually occurs early morning (about 6 AM PT) after a login. So, if I log in today, at 6 tomorrow my inventory should update. But, I understand it is broken and no one has taken the time to fix it. So, if you have to have an update, ask support.

Inventory update no longer replaces ADITI inventory with a NEW copy of AGNI inventory. Now ADITI is sync'd to AGNI and your ADITI created stuff remains. So, the possibility for an out of control inventory increases.

I name all the folders for things created in ADITI with the word ADITI and some explanatory name. When I'm done with the project it is easy to find ADITI stuff and toss it.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Added more...

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Inventory update no longer replaces ADITI inventory with a NEW copy of AGNI inventory. Now ADITI is sync'd to AGNI and your ADITI created stuff remains. So, the possibility for an out of control inventory increases.

I name all the folders for things created in ADITI with the word ADITI and some explanatory name. When I'm done with the project it is easy to find ADITI stuff and toss it.

AND there has been an ongoing issue on Aditi with items in the  OBJECTS FOLDER (default when you pick them up) disappearing overnight which is less than handy if you are working on something long term. It appears that if you MOVE them from the Objects folder they have a much better chance of remaining. So anything Lani (alt there) is working on long term goes into an ADITI UPLOADS homemade folder. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1

Now I know about the password not being the trick anymore, and I just checked with one of my alts and nothing has changed with his inv..

I am thankful that INV update no longer replaces ADITI INV with new because there is 1 item in there that was deleted from my AGNI that would b gone. At leas I get to play with it when I log on to beta. AND WOW on my main ava when i saw my inv jump from 70k in AGNI to close to 98,000 in ADITI  I had a lil fit.. But then again since I cant do much in the beta site and its supposed to be added from the AGNI at every log on why not just close your eyes and hold that delete button down so you wont have to dig thru a semi familiar inventory of chaos in the bets site?  I just may put on that one item I want to keep and delete my beta inv. I WILL NEVER EVER use 98K items

Anyway I did put in a support ticket the day I opened this dialog.. No response yet.. my 2 alts have teh inv that had when they were 6 months old.  Yes I would like some cheese with my wine.

14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

AND there has been an ongoing issue on Aditi with items in the  OBJECTS FOLDER (default when you pick them up) disappearing overnight which is less than handy if you are working on something long term. It appears that if you MOVE them from the Objects folder they have a much better chance of remaining. So anything Lani (alt there) is working on long term goes into an ADITI UPLOADS homemade folder. 

Just saying. 

Oh man that just confuses me, But thnx for the just saying, it is good to know this... as for the double L;

Thanks LL for your complete lack of technical support and getting things not done or fixed in a timely manner.

Well issues aside (and I had a huge inventory issue when the change first came into effect and have NEVER returned since it took me a week to get things back in order on Agni) it IS nice to have mesh bodies and good looking hair and Maitreya fit closed and NOT look like you just came out of the pod in 2006. Actually I had the look that I wore when teaching at Learn Avatar which was maybe 6 or 7 years ago. So no mesh but I didn't look too bad LOL.

Hope it works out for you. Support Tickets don't necessarily go quickly. Hence it is sometimes better if you are premium and can use live support who can SOMETIMES solve the problems for you (or at least did long ago and far away).

IT DOES SAVE A TON OF MONEY IF YOU ARE UPLOADING MESH!!!  I think over 25,000 since Lani took over uploading there. No idea before that but sure it was plenty also. 

3 hours ago, Studcrusher said:

Anyway I did put in a support ticket the day I opened this dialog.. No response yet.. my 2 alts have teh inv that had when they were 6 months old.  Yes I would like some cheese with my wine.

I have seen support just fix my problem and never say anything...

On 8/22/2017 at 2:08 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

I had issues with stuff from agni not showing up on aditi and had a Linden resynch my inventory.

Sadly, I lost everything I made on aditi. :/

I suspect that was NOT a resync... but a replace. I'll try to remember to ask at one of the UG's if support can trigger a 'resync' or can only do 'replace'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.