SECOND Life or Second LIFE?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't know why people worry about "SECOND Life vs Second LIFE" when for so many it appears to be more about "SECOND WIFE".

And being Frank & Earnest with women...

In Sansara your alt's called Frank... In Zindra your alt's called Ernest...

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just call it a video game.

For some people, SL is their life, but that's not a bad thing. I know people with dissociative identity disorder who see SL as their life, because it lets them be who they really are. They can choose their body, life, and identity instead of interacting through someone else's body all the time. I also know people who are disabled, and SL gives them a new outlook on the world and aids they might lack outside. But I honestly have yet to meet people who think that SL is real life. I know people who take SL far too seriously, but really haven't met anyone that looks at it as their true life.

I'd stopped rerading this thread a while back, but I had nothing better to do, so I started reading it again from where I left off.

On 29/07/2017 at 9:33 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

There is some sort of fatuous rivalry between Prok and Phil that goes beyond eye-rolling diatribes

There is no forum rivalry at all between Prokofy and me. There can't be. Prokofy is only an occasional visitor to the forum and I am here all the time. What there is between us is huge dislike. I dislike her a lot, and she dislikes me. That's all there is to it.

To answer the original question - it's incomplete. Second Life is just that - second life - and not 'SECOND life' or 'second LIFE'. There are odd occasions when it is right to emphasise one word or the other, such "What did you say? Second what?". "Second LIFE". But for most useage, it's just 'second life'.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.