Are there guides or people who are willing to help those who are new on SL?

shannn25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend and I are new on this site and have been trying to learn on our own without having to ask too many questions.... But there just comes a time when your brain can only take so much and you become confused because the forums aren't answering the questions. 

Are there guides or people who are willing to help out????

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

6 answers to this question

There are lots of people willing to help in SL, you have come to one such place, ask anything you want here, if we don`t know the answer we usually know where you can find out.

The official Mentoring program no longer exists, but some residents have set up their own mentor groups to help new residents & there is also an extensive Knowledge Base and more video Tutorials than you could ever find time to watch. In most cases just typing a few keywords in YouTube search will find lots of them.

You can also search for NCI inworld - New Citizens Institute - There are a few of them around and have masses of great information, freebies and helpful people.

Welcome to Second Life and Second Life forums, shannn25.

You are always welcome to ask as many questions as you want to on the forums, but you may find some of the answers to your most basic of needs over on Torley Linden's information page.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Torley_Linden

If you scroll down his page, you will see a link to some very useful youtube video tutorials. I have used his tutorials from my first days in Second Life, and still learn much from Torley more than three years later.

Good luck to you and your friend, I hope you have much fun and enjoyment in your Second Life.

Try visiting the Community Virtual Library, right at the center of the Info Island sim.  The reference desk is staffed, live, about 30 hours a week.  Reference staff are almost all RL librarians, accustomed to answering questions and helping people find resources, and they all know their way around SL.  If you arrive and there's nobody on duty, grab a landmark and plan on coming back later --- or just wander around and enjoy the sims.  Welcome to Second Life.  :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.