New powerful machine with Windows 10 / MP is sooo slow?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

as pert the title.. I'm writing while waiting 4 minutes for the next MP page to load.

This cannot be normal.

I have a new powerful computer running Windows 10.

Everything is speedy everywhere... Except Marketplace... its as tho its getting stuck.. each page request takes 3-4 mins. omg .. venting(!:)

If you're using the Edge browser, I feel your pain. Try something like chrome or firefox. At some point in the recent past, Edge became usable for me (a windows update possibly) in MP, but for a while I was switching to firefox every time I needed to manage my store.

On 26 July 2017 at 0:21 AM, Zed Avedon said:

This cannot be normal.

I have a new powerful computer running Windows 10.

Win-don't !0 has the worst browser of any Win-Don't since 95, and contains so much officially approved spyware and malware it's a wonder you can surf at all, google for 'how to ' websites that explain what you need to do to disable or kill most of the crap in W10, and get a third party browser.

Or you could upgrade to Win 7... ;) 

I'm trying to give windows a go so that google don't have all the pie.

I just tried MP, it loaded but when I clicked on a featured item, I closed the window after 30 seconds of waiting.

The rest of the web works fine for me...but..

When I first started up the internet on this machine it was iffy.. got stuck a lot.

The computer guy said 'use chrome' , but I said 'I cannot believe Microsoft is incapable of building a decent browser' .. & I took the computer back for them to look at.

We changed the server it uses.. the 'http proxy' or something to the google one, and now it works well everywhere (except on MP).

So.. I'm glad to not be owned by google for a while(!).

But the MP website needs a little simplification done.. maybe each category needs a 'website' of its own or something.

On Windows 10, try and write IE in the search bar... voila, you got Back To Future.. ehmmm Yesterday xD

Edit:

To clarify my posting, IE will start the old Internet Explorer and you will see MP works normal and fast. Alternatives are Chrome or FireFox.

Edited by Rachel1206
Update to clarify

One of the best things you can do for yourself withe Win10 (and I actually like it a lot) is turn off ALL THE OPTIONS in settings (much is spyware and also "share my bandwidth as I don't CARE that I spend $100 a month for it I am a nice guy).

I use Chrome now as Firefox just stopped working on SO many sites.

HEED THE WARNINGS!!!!!!   :D

It is NOT the Marketplace. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 5:40 PM, Zed Avedon said:

I'm trying to give windows a go so that google don't have all the pie.

I just tried MP, it loaded but when I clicked on a featured item, I closed the window after 30 seconds of waiting.

The rest of the web works fine for me...but..

When I first started up the internet on this machine it was iffy.. got stuck a lot.

The computer guy said 'use chrome' , but I said 'I cannot believe Microsoft is incapable of building a decent browser' .. & I took the computer back for them to look at.

We changed the server it uses.. the 'http proxy' or something to the google one, and now it works well everywhere (except on MP).

So.. I'm glad to not be owned by google for a while(!).

But the MP website needs a little simplification done.. maybe each category needs a 'website' of its own or something.

did you disable all the spyware in windows 10  also theres a wierd throttlin thing in edge browser it send all the websites you visit to the ppl that check stuff at the airport i forgot there name

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.