Broken Graphics in Chrome?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't been able to see any graphics (profile images in the sidebar, smilies, or pasted in screenshots) in Chrome for a day now. I didn't make any changes. I can see things NOW (not last night) in Firefox. 

Is there a fix for this or is it not me and I just need patience? 

Thanks.

You mean Goggle Chrome web browser? FYI, I have no problems seeing profile images, smileys here in the forums or at my.secondlife.com.

I am using Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit), graphic adapter driver NVidea GForce version 21.21.13.7866 dated 09-02-2017.

Edited by Rachel1206

Same here, but I don't use chrome, it's browser independant in my case.
My ISP's DNS server does not resolve content.invisioncic.com - most pictures in this forum comes over that url.

I added an additional backup DNS server to my computer and used googles public ipv6 and ipv4 server for that so it will jump in when my ISP's DNS fails.
Then cleared DNS cache and it works now.

Edited by Nova Convair
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

Same here, but I don't use chrome, it's browser independant in my case.
My ISP's DNS server does not resolve content.invisioncic.com - most pictures in this forum comes over that url.

I added an additional backup DNS server to my computer and used googles public ipv6 and ipv4 server for that so it will jump in when my ISP's DNS fails.
Then cleared DNS cache and it works now.

OK. Good to know as that is likely it. I thought it was a change in my ad blocking software but I added both secondlife.com and community.secondlife.com and that did no good. 

That sounds like it COULD be it except that a friend that lives 2 miles away checked the forums last night and he can see things fine. We are on the same ISP although he does have a dedicated server and I do not. Will check with him and see if this makes sense in our case.  

I can just do without the profile photos but sometimes you really DO need to see the screenshots!  

Thanks. 

Any other possible ideas welcome.  I made NO changes to my software or settings so it has to be something that was done "for me" by instant updated software or something at my ISP. 

Ah, so it isn't just me. I experienced a page loading breakdown after refreshing forum pages ignoring cache (ctrl+F5). At first it was only missing/broken invisioncic.com images. 

I experienced this on different browsers and on both PC and in Mac.

On my phone everything works. I assume this is because it will use cellular data and thus bypass my ISP. It's what I am using now to post this. 

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich

OK. FIXED FOR ME.

Had nothing to do withe the DNS (since the fellow on the same one could see graphics, he agreed that made no sense in my case but all that info will likely be helpful to others.

He suggested that I run CCleaner (sure there are other programs that do the same thing) and clear JUST my SESSION for Chrome.  There may be an easy way inside of Chrome to do that same thing. 

And I am BACK.

Nice to know clever people :D.  

EDIT: I don't have the line out option for some reason for some of the statement below, but wanted to add that my last Windows update was June 16th so that is no longer a possible fix consideration. Most likely my internet connection (power) went out and the system rebooted :D.

PS. Now to be FAIR, it looks like some mysterious force ^^ also restarted my machine while I was tubbing. So it is possible that whatever the magical powers that be that "take care of us" these days did an update that fixed this too. But the session clearing might be a good thing for folks to try if they are having this problem on certain browsers. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.