Skin/Skin Appliers for Belleza Mesh Body?

RyuuEznite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really liking the new Jake mesh body from Belleza. But, having troubles looking for a skin that will even apply to it. I know Stray Dog is in the process of making some, but haven't seen anywhere else? Looking for some good quality skins.

Edited by RyuuEznite

Mesh Body Addicts says:

Compatibility:

Omega – Yes – Installer required

You should be able to use and Omega applier skin.  Although I don't know what it means by "Installer required."  Usually you need a relay HUD and I would hate to assume that is what they mean.  You could ask Belleza's customer service what you need to use Omega appliers with Jake body.

You can find the correct Omega HUD right next to the Jake body in the Belleza store. All you need to do is wear the HUD and click it to install Omega. Then wear it again whenever you want to wear an Omega-compatible skin. It's a bit convoluted in that way, but it's how I've found that one to work best. Some Omega HUDs you only need to wear and click once to install, others you need to just wear each time. Just put the Omega folder in your Jake body's folder, so you always know where it is.

Any Omega skin should work fine with it, although you should always demo first. A good tip for demoing is to make a copy of your body and head (if you use a mesh head), put them in a separate folder, and use those for demoing only. That way you don't have to worry about messing up your original or finding an older applier that you had on it and liked.

As to Stray Dog, they have a body skin out at the moment. Currently it's Signature and Omega only (both in one HUD). It applies just fine on my Jake body, though it can be a little slow to show up (more than a few seconds). A Belleza version is due out soon.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

If you like the look of Tableau Vivant skins, try Swallow. They have a similar look, and have Omega body appliers. They create for both Catwa and TMP heads. As to L'Etre, there is a sign on the wall at the back of where the male skins were which explains why they aren't there at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure what look I'm going for now--I have a super old Navaro skin on and I don't like the looks of the other ones that they have. So I'm off to shop I guess. I will check out Swallow though and Stray Dog again.

4 hours ago, RyuuEznite said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure what look I'm going for now--I have a super old Navaro skin on and I don't like the looks of the other ones that they have. So I'm off to shop I guess. I will check out Swallow though and Stray Dog again.

also have a look at 7 deadly s[k]ins, always has some real nice offers for groupmembers, lucky chairs ... and most are omega.

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

All you need to do is wear the HUD and click it to install Omega. Then wear it again whenever you want to wear an Omega-compatible skin.

little addition, Belezza uses the Omega installer, nót the relay, so just install it once and you don't need to wear it anymore. ( unless you get a update for the body of course)

OK, settled for the Jake body and the Stray Dog skin.. However, having this issue now... (photo for reference) ..OI.. I really don't want to have to get a mesh head, but would that fix this skin problem? I actually tried really hard to get a skin that "matched", but if it's going to look like, "I got my head cut off and replaced on a different body" then I'll do what I must. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 2.12.55 AM.png

9 minutes ago, RyuuEznite said:

OK, settled for the Jake body and the Stray Dog skin.. However, having this issue now... (photo for reference) ..OI.. I really don't want to have to get a mesh head, but would that fix this skin problem? I actually tried really hard to get a skin that "matched", but if it's going to look like, "I got my head cut off and replaced on a different body" then I'll do what I must. 

you don't need a mesh head, but most easy would be you use a skin for your standard head with a matching color applier from the same creator.

Also can use the nekfix, it's in the hud

Also can tint the body with your hud

Also... set your windlightsettings to one that sets as least shadow to your body as possible... for example Nam's optimal skin and prim

I don't think Stray Dog makes any classic avatar skins. I would have to double check in world, but pretty sure I didn't see any..

The neck fix hud only helps if you are wearing a Catwa head. 

Tinting the body didn't help since it's a warm tone, and the classic skin seems more of a cool tone.

I have nam's optimal skin on.

16 minutes ago, RyuuEznite said:

I don't think Stray Dog makes any classic avatar skins. I would have to double check in world, but pretty sure I didn't see any..

i didn't aim at straydog... just in general to fix the neck cut

17 minutes ago, RyuuEznite said:

The neck fix hud only helps if you are wearing a Catwa head.

the neck fix isn't a special hud but your Belezza hud with all other options for your body

quote from the manual:
♦Neck Sheath♦
The neck sheath is an additional mesh part that helps blend the seam of your mesh body to the SL Default Avatar and to Mesh heads.  You can hide/show it by selecting the button on the HUD.

so i wonder if you did read it...?....

18 minutes ago, RyuuEznite said:

Tinting the body didn't help since it's a warm tone, and the classic skin seems more of a cool tone.

try it with a lighter standard skin of your body, not a total offscale bought one.

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

little addition, Belezza uses the Omega installer, nót the relay, so just install it once and you don't need to wear it anymore. ( unless you get a update for the body of course)

Agreed. It does. But whether I was having lag issues or not, the day I was using it to apply the Stray Dog Omega skin, the only way I could initially get it to work (even after clicking to install Omega in the body) was to keep wearing the relay when I applied it, which is why I mentioned it as a possibility, in case the OP has the same problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.