Huge drop in sales. Is anyone else experiencing it?

QuestionMarkk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Prokofy Neva said:

That you have to ask this question and persistent annoyingly with it lets me know that you subscribe to the exodus option quite vigorously. As I said, it seems beyond you to understand why people criticize AND stay -- you don't really *like* criticism. That's why you find it "odd". I'm done with this conversation, you can keep sputtering.

bye Felicia

36 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

First of all, I don't "go to crowded regions and perform inventory actions". Who does that??? That's insane.

Yes you do. You go to gacha events (crowded) and buy things over and over (multiple, separate inventory actions.) I do agree that it's insane though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

If you are in business, your avatar is your brand. Your avatar name is what everyone has in mind for questions or requests. This idea of offloading to other accounts may work for people pursuing a private Second Life. But if you are a public figure running a business it's not an option. It's a huge obstacle to work flow to have to log on the other account and make sure you have permissions given on both sides -- why? What's more effective is for the Lindens to fix their chronic inventory problems as in the long run, it will be central to their revenue plan. If they want content and not land to be the source of income, they have to do much more to secure it.

I seriously doubt my avatar is my brand. All feedback suggests that it's more like the bulk of my work speaks for itself. Other people have come back with entirely new names and brands and carried on just fine in their businesses.

But what I suggested above was testing. I said "If I were in your situation, Prok, I'd try sending the transferable stuff to an alt or new account with a smaller inventory. It would rule out some of the variables like your history of inventory problems." It wasn't necessarily intended to be a long term solution.

If it did remedy the immediate problem though, it would be far more efficient for your MP business to carry on via an alt. Name it ProkofyNeva2 if you want the recognition.

And yes, I do realise it's less convenient. But the way things are working now, in this moment, isn't terribly convenient either. Right? So change what you can control to find a solution. You can still rail at the Lindens all you want in the forums to come up with a better one on their end. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

If you are in business, your avatar is your brand. Your avatar name is what everyone has in mind for questions or requests. This idea of offloading to other accounts may work for people pursuing a private Second Life. But if you are a public figure running a business it's not an option. It's a huge obstacle to work flow to have to log on the other account and make sure you have permissions given on both sides -- why? What's more effective is for the Lindens to fix their chronic inventory problems as in the long run, it will be central to their revenue plan. If they want content and not land to be the source of income, they have to do much more to secure it.

Any brand equity Prokofy Neva may have (as I try to be diplomatic) is as a landlord. Gacha reselling is a different business. When the tobacco company R. J. Reynolds bought the snack company Nabisco they didn't start making R. J. Reynolds-brand cookies or Nabisco-brand cigarettes because they realized that the brand equity not only wouldn't transfer but would be a lightning rod for social criticism.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I seriously doubt my avatar is my brand. All feedback suggests that it's more like the bulk of my work speaks for itself. Other people have come back with entirely new names and brands and carried on just fine in their businesses.

But what I suggested above was testing. I said "If I were in your situation, Prok, I'd try sending the transferable stuff to an alt or new account with a smaller inventory. It would rule out some of the variables like your history of inventory problems." It wasn't necessarily intended to be a long term solution.

If it did remedy the immediate problem though, it would be far more efficient for your MP business to carry on via an alt. Name it ProkofyNeva2 if you want the recognition.

And yes, I do realise it's less convenient. But the way things are working now, in this moment, isn't terribly convenient either. Right? So change what you can control to find a solution. You can still rail at the Lindens all you want in the forums to come up with a better one on their end. :)

The damage of an hour re-listing would be outweighed by making even a "ProkofyNeva2" alt. And I would never make such an alt as griefers make them exactly that way all the time. The Lindens need to fix the MP, I don't need to fuss with alts.

18 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Yes you do. You go to gacha events (crowded) and buy things over and over (multiple, separate inventory actions.) I do agree that it's insane though.

I rarely lose any purchases on crowded sims while playing a gacha. I think that happened once in my entire Second Life. Meanwhile, it's the losses while I'm standing on a dead quiet sim and 15,000 items suddenly go in trash when I haven't pushed them there that I worry about.

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I rarely lose any purchases on crowded sims while playing a gacha. I think that happened once in my entire Second Life. Meanwhile, it's the losses while I'm standing on a dead quiet sim and 15,000 items suddenly go in trash when I haven't pushed them there that I worry about.

Maybe the world just hates you, maybe you delete stuff in your sleep, maybe LL employees do it to troll you. It sure is a mystery, but I bet LL will be on it something fierce to make sure it never happens again.  Unless they don't.  You shouldn't worry about it though; that can be bad for you <concern trolling or real concern - hard to tell...or is it?>

I'm here all week; try the fish.

Edited by Pixieplumb Flanagan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.