Premium Membership hasn't activated

Zenotama

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So about 3 pm eastern time yesterday I purchased Premium. It went through, charged the 9.50. When I look at Account History I see. 

Premium Membership (Monthly)   $9.50  

But when I go to Account Summary it still says 

Your current plan: Basic Membership

It's been hours (9 am now). Should I just wait longer?

16 answers to this question

No, don't wait.  That should have taken effect immediately.  Call the Billing office at one of the numbers below.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

EDIT:  But before you call, try refreshing the web page showing your account details.  Maybe it just hasn't updated.  (right click the page, click Reload or Refresh)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
Additional information
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, don't wait.  That should have taken effect immediately.  Call the Billing office at one of the numbers below.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

EDIT:  But before you call, try refreshing the web page showing your account details.  Maybe it just hasn't updated.  (right click the page, click Reload or Refresh)

Called and theres no support available. Must have to call on a weekday.

Verify that whatever billing method you gave them has actually charged you the membership fee.  There could have been a glitch on that side of things.  If it did charge, then you have no choice but to wait until you can talk to them on Monday 6am to 3pm PST.  If the billing did not go through, you might be able to figure out why and correct the issue yourself -- credit card info not correct, PayPal account not verified, etc...

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Verify that whatever billing method you gave them has actually charged you the membership fee.  There could have been a glitch on that side of things.  If it did, they you have no choice but to wait until you can talk to them on Monday 6am to 3pm PST.  If the billing did not go through, you might be able to figure out why and correct the issue yourself -- credit card info not correct, PayPal account not verified, etc...

I called the bank on my phone and listened to the recent activity. The 9.50 went through along with the 1 dollar verification.

The easiest way to find out whether your Premium membership is alive is to try doing some things that only Premium members can do, like cal Live Chat and ask them a question (Like "Am I really a Premium member?" 9_9 ).  Live Chat is only available to Premium members.  If Live Chat is asleep, you could try going to a Premium kiosk and claiming the latest Premium gift.  Or register for a Linden Home.  If you can do any of those things, you are a Premium member. Check out this page in the Knowledge Base to see all your other Premium-only options.

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The easiest way to find out whether your Premium membership is alive is to try doing some things that only Premium members can do, like cal Live Chat and ask them a question (Like "Am I really a Premium member?" 9_9 ).  Live Chat is only available to Premium members.  If Live Chat is asleep, you could try going to a Premium kiosk and claiming the latest Premium gift.  Or register for a Linden Home.  If you can do any of those things, you are a Premium member. Check out this page in the Knowledge Base to see all your other Premium-only options.

I tried going to a premium region, didn't work. Tried getting my 512 Linden Home, it brought up an upgrade screen. Everything else I just cant do.

21 minutes ago, Zenotama said:

I tried going to a premium region, didn't work. Tried getting my 512 Linden Home, it brought up an upgrade screen. Everything else I just cant do.

Rats.  That stinks.  I guess your best option now is to call the Billing Office again.  They are there over the weekend,  Just don't call in the middle of the night.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Rats.  That stinks.  I guess your best option now is to call the Billing Office again.  They are there over the weekend,  Just don't call in the middle of the night.

Per the support website, they are only there Mon-Fri - https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/ :

Our Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.

I hate to think what would happen if I took time off from providing support on weekends, or any time I am not sleeping. If I can't help when I am not inworld, I at least reply to let them know I will take care of a request when I can come inworld.

LL bills itself as a virtual world, and a world does not stop spinning after office hours. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.