Making Kemono Look Mature...

FauxCorgi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...without adding boobs/muscles.

Okay, I haven't used SL in ages but here's the deal. I like cute stuff. A lot. Pastels, pastel goth, "kawaii" culture, chibi anything, lil animals and puppies, man, you name it. Since I'm not cute IRL, I wanted to be cute on SL.

Trying to achieve this, I looked for corgi avatars because corgis are cute incarnate - I also have a corgi fursona, so...y'know. Found a purple corgi mod that looks EXACTLY like my fursona, but it was for something called the Kemono avatar. Got both, made it work, made myself CUTE AS HECK and haven't stopped gawking at myself because it's perfect for me. But...

Bopping around the world, I found a bunch of places I'd like to chill in. But they all have strict rules about mature-looking avatars/avatars not looking like children, and the ones I stumble upon that don't are roleplay related and I don't RP. I just chat and explore and shop. So, when all your avatars and all your money you spent on SL went to the "cute" factor and enter a weird gray area, you stop and wonder, "Does my character look mature enough?"

Looking for solutions, I saw many people recommend using this breast mod for Kemono, but...I'm trans. I like cute and pastel, but I have a lot of dysphoria around body things. My avatar isn't a character, it's me but a tiny dog. A tiny, cute dog with no boobage or junk that needs to see the light of day, like, ever. Adding breasts to a digital me just sits so wrong with me and makes SL less enjoyable and more of a misery fest. If it's my second life, why do I need to fit societal norms in that one too, you know?

I want to continue using this avatar because it's perfect for me but I don't want to make people uncomfortable, but also don't want to make ME uncomfortable, so it's just...ugh. Are my only options to just make my corgi avatar even more freakishly long-legged or get a more "mature" looking avatar I don't like, which also sets off dysphoria? Sorry for the griping, it's just causing me a lot more turmoil than a voluntary "second life" should. Just wanted to see if there's options I'm overlooking, besides quitting that is. Maybe some leads on furry-friendly areas that don't mind the chibi Kemono style of avatar or something? I don't know. Sorry for the rambles. ;n;

• Like 1

Have you had comments or been banned? Or are you just worried that you'll upset people?

A small dog isn't a child. But paranoia.

You could write what you said here in your profile. On the first page, that you are not a child and that you only use SL to chat, explore and shop? Those who worry can see it when they look at your profile. And then, in my honest opinion, you have done what you should and go on. Anyone being upset about you hanging out there - they would complain even if you make your legs longer or add on breasts. Some people are just like that. You have as much right to create your avatar as everyone else, and you aren't a child.

• Like 2

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Have you had comments or been banned? Or are you just worried that you'll upset people?

A small dog isn't a child. But paranoia.

You could write what you said here in your profile. On the first page, that you are not a child and that you only use SL to chat, explore and shop? Those who worry can see it when they look at your profile. And then, in my honest opinion, you have done what you should and go on. Anyone being upset about you hanging out there - they would complain even if you make your legs longer or add on breasts. Some people are just like that. You have as much right to create your avatar as everyone else, and you aren't a child.

I haven't had any issues, I've only been back for like 3 days - thank goodness. I just noticed that the paranoia was a thing while quietly browsing around. It kinda made me sad/worried, but that could just be me overreacting ^^; I did add to my profile shortly after making this just in case, I just hope people don't do that "ban on sight" thing and that they just take a mo' to look. But I guess, if they don't, they're not really the sort of people I want to come anywhere near in the first place, right?

Thank you for your response! 

Oh my goodness you look adorable! Just like Marianne said, corgis are small dogs. Size and Age are non synonymous, though I do understand being cautious. Since you haven't run into any issues I wouldn't worry too much. Kemono is pretty popular, especially with furries, so lots of people are familiar with it.

I'll actually be picking Kemono up next week I think. Are you enjoying it? The lack of demo is driving me nuts.

To make am avatar look less childlike, you"ll want to look at proportion guides. Specifically, adults have smaller eyes, less roundness in their face, and different proportions with the body and limbs. With that being said though, cuteness is often associated with child-like features, and being a furry really isn't healing that case. Thus, it may not be possible to to look more mature and adult while holding to the childish and cartoon-like features that make this kind of avatar.

You're correct that this is your second life, and you don't have to fit into societal norms. However, it's also my second life, and her second like, and Dave's second like, and that person over there's second life. As soon as you have a gathering of people, there are rules and societal norms. If you wish to interact with a certain group of people or use their sims and be in their space, it's not unrealistic to expect you to follow their rules. If you can't work with those rules, you have to find a place and group who's rules you can work with. As for suggestions of those place, I don't have any since I'm not a furry. I can give suggestions about kid friendly places, but many of those are roleplay areas (even just slightly) with rules about human avatars.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.