Mesh bottoms for mesh leotard body suits?

Calirine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a couple mesh leotard body suits that I can't seam to find anything but pantyhose to wear with. It's quite annoying as I can't just wear any old mesh bottom, I have to have a slink version due to my shape. Anybody else have the same problem with finding skirts or shorts or pants to fit over mesh body suits that are made for a mesh body???

That's always the problem with layering mesh clothes. What I do is wear a rigged mesh outer in one of the traditional sizes, and adjust my shape as necessary.

Or maybe, if you are wearing a Slink Physique body, wear an outer fitted for an Hourglass, or some other fuller-figured body.

Edited by angeoco

Finding a mesh skirt or shorts that will layer over a mesh leotard that wasn't originally built to do that will simply be an exercise in frustration. I suggest an applier based leotard with mesh over if you want to look. There have been a number of bodysuits that have come out with shorts where the mesh adjusts to wear the bodysuit with or with out the shorts. Maybe pair something like that with some applier tights.

• Like 2

Yes, I agree with seanabrady if the mesh pant or short or even shirt was not made by the same creator as the mesh body suit, and made specifically to go over that body suit,  good luck getting another item to fit over the body suit nicely.  I like the body suit look with pants and a jacket over top, so I use appliers for the body suit, that way any mesh I want to wear with it will fit over.  

I'm not arguing with Seana or Tazzie, but here is a picture of me wearing a Maitreya-fitted bodysuit with a size M high-waist pencil skirt. With just a little shape adjustment it's a good fit, with no cutting even when dancing. And a lower waist and looser fit would be even more forgiving.

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 1

I like to layer so I run into this a lot. Maitreya does have a cute bodysuit and short combo that is made to work together that is super cute. Generally I've found that layering works a little better with standard sizing. Its not always ideal but its fun to experiment with. I do wear some applier clothing like you suggested but I am generally not a fan of most pieces.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions!! i typically cringe away from appliers as i think most of them look like they're painted on instead of looking like a piece of clothing so i didn't think of them. I did find one old prim skirt buried deep in my inventory that is modifiable and works ok with the mesh body suits i have; so prim bottoms are another option for layering. n_n

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.