SL Viewer not updating

Christin73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an issue and hoping someone can help. Today I came home and tried getting on sl via sl viewer. IT loaded up then when i tried logging in it said there was a mandatory update. It went through its paces to suposidly update but it didn't update and it won't let me log in on sl viewer unless i have the update. It worked fine on Firestorm just not sl viewer. Hope someone can help because honestly I prefure sl viewer.

Whenever you're asking about a Viewer problem, it's helpful if you include at least the viewer version information from About Second Life (even better is all of what's in that box... we even have a handy button for copying it).

As a part of the 64 bit viewer project, we're revamping how upgrades are downloaded and installed in an attempt to make them more robust and quicker (and incidentally to make sure that Windows users get the 64 or 32 bit version that will work best on their system).  That component isn't in the Project Viewer yet, but we are integrating it now so it will be in an update soon.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2017 at 6:02 PM, Christin73 said:

I have an issue and hoping someone can help. Today I came home and tried getting on sl via sl viewer. IT loaded up then when i tried logging in it said there was a mandatory update. It went through its paces to suposidly update but it didn't update and it won't let me log in on sl viewer unless i have the update. It worked fine on Firestorm just not sl viewer. Hope someone can help because honestly I prefure sl viewer.

If you have enabled "Willing to update to release candidates" or you have installed a project viewer, the likely problem is the icon you are launching from. The viewer updated installing itself in a different folder then got confused by the existing desktop icon and didn't update it or popped a new one where you are not looking. So, you are clicking the old icon and launching the old version, which then insists you update. This can happen when you are using a project viewer that upgrades to RC status.

You can remove all the viewer's desktop and taskbar icons and reinstall, which will place a new icon on the desktop.

If you are using more than one version of the viewer, you may want to look through your PROGRAM folders, find the new install (check folder/file creation dates), and drag the 'shortcut' from that folder to your desktop/taskbar.

I've been there done this...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.