General Mainland Sim and Adult Furniture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I live on a mainland sim marked as General so I cannot change it. I know it says I should not have any adult furniture like beds or couches or even a hot tub but is this ever enforced and what happens if caught? My land is set to private and avatars are invisible.

I have a cherub water fountain peeing into a pond, is this too forbidden on General Land lol.

Is there any way to change the mainland setting to moderate?

You cannot reset mainland to another rating, so no.   There WAS an official document in the wiki a couple of years ago that explained how you could have a STORE for the public (I am in moderate) and still have adult items for personal use. Maybe you can find that, but in general it said that you needed to have a forced landing point as WELL as having things set to private. 

The problem that I see is that you are in GENERAL which is way different than MODERATE.  In the olden days this would absolutely not be allowed (the adult furniture. It is also not allowed for venues (sales events) that are in a GENERAL sim while they are (apparently from what the owners say) allowed in a MODERATE sim.  This makes little sense to me, but hey.

I doubt your cherub is a big deal :D but you  MIGHT want either put up a security orb or move to moderate lands.  Maybe someone official will answer your question. I agree that it is a VERY GRAY area and NOT ENFORCED.   Still, good to follow the rules.

Good luck. 

Even if you set your land to private, you might still invite friends to visit etc. You can never really know what age they signed up as, so they could very well be 16 and just keep that to themselves. That person would not be able to visit moderate sims, but can visit General rated sims.

Ziggy, come visit us ... I can put up a skybox for you or rez a BB mat for you ... I shan't peek (hmm there is a pun in there related to peaking), I promise. Seriously, it is a pretty private sim and oh one of the naughtier residents already has stuff in his skybox you could use. Just open the windows and launder the sheets when you are done.

• Like 1

A friend and I were walking through the woods when we came across a bench, we sat and discovered it had adult animations, we started using them, suddenly we were flying through cyberspace and were banned from the sim, it was a general sim, but I often wondered why there was adult animated bench in a G rated sim. Now I know it actually shouldn't have been there.

If you want, you can always edit the notecard and comment out(or remove, depending on how it works) the adult animations.

EG On MLP based furniture, you can simply just delete the entire adult menu notecard and it will disappear from the menu(provided it is using the modular menu mode).

On others, you can comment out the stuff

Before:

#Lines starting with # are comments
hyena sitting|<-0.03000, 0.00000, -0.21999>|<0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000
hyena laying|<0.57000, 0.00000, 0.5>|<0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000>
hyena LEWD|<0.58000, 0.00000, 0.46000>|<0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000>

After:

#Lines starting with # are comments
hyena sitting|<-0.03000, 0.00000, -0.21999>|<0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000
hyena laying|<0.57000, 0.00000, 0.5>|<0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000>
#hyena LEWD|<0.58000, 0.00000, 0.46000>|<0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000>

Removing the ability to access the adult animations should suffice enough.

8 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

If you want, you can always edit the notecard and comment out(or remove, depending on how it works) the adult animations.

Many years ago, I had an MLP bed with some nice and some naughty animations. My partner and I didn't use the naughty ones, but visitors sure liked them. Eventually I edited the notecard to relocate the naughty animations into the bushes behind our tropical island hut. That was much more satisfying than removing them.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the advice. Having adult furniture is not a major thing for me so to be on the safe side I will just remove the 2 adult things and stay on the land as I love it there with great neighbours all working together along a roadside. (A rare thing I know ) If I do need to use adult stuff I will go up in my skybox and rez stuff temporary and then remove it when done.
I am going to risk the cherub lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.