Alright fine

Bobtron Brunswick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is for if a guy wants to conceptualize actually having a friendship with another guy. Strictly straight duhhhhhh

I roleplay in urban and Gor. I have plenty of friends that are women and  no men and sometimes its fun to have friends that are guys

but that seems difficult in SL so yeahhhhhh bring on the....errr...yeah!

If you are unsure about the notion of a platonic male friend, then you could be SL brothers, My SL husband has a brother here, they are close friends and have been a long time, but they refer to each other as brother not friend.

• Like 2

Not knowing specifically *which* urban and Gorean RPs you are in, I *can* say that "location is everything".  There seem to be a lot of hetero males in Crackden for example and I'm sure they are elsewhere.

If you're seeing a lot of something you're personally not comfortable with, changing venue is often a good solution mainly because sims tend to "norm out" to various RP cultures. I haven't been around Gor in a long, long time - but as I recall there are a LOT of Gorean RPs in SL to pick from.

Something else to consider (and this is one I have to monitor myself on); I come from an age group (age-cohort) that has generally different social customs than people under-30. That means the possibility for mis-cues when old fogies like me deal with younger folks who have a whole different sexual subtext/language; sometimes things seem sexual when they aren't.  Not knowing your RL age, this may or may not apply to you - but differences in real-life age-scripting can cause misunderstandings in SL because (usually) we all look under-30 and we lack visual cues other than how we dress.

Hopefully that last did not offend; I'm not implying that you're doing anything wrong - that's just something I have seen people run into before.

Good luck in your hunt for friends :-)  I raised a son and know how important having a male-peer group can be to a guy :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.