AlyissaAnn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a bunch of items from the marketplace. Everything was all good until I went to change my outfit. I go to change it back and I'm missing a few things. My jacket and my belt are missing. Nowhere in my inventory or trash to be found! Not even another box to reopen them. I paid around 300L for both those items together. Now they're just gone. Like they never existed. Even though they're in my marketplace log. How do I get them back? Will I have to rebuy them?

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, AlyissaAnn said:

I bought a bunch of items from the marketplace. Everything was all good until I went to change my outfit. I go to change it back and I'm missing a few things. My jacket and my belt are missing. Nowhere in my inventory or trash to be found! Not even another box to reopen them. I paid around 300L for both those items together. Now they're just gone. Like they never existed. Even though they're in my marketplace log. How do I get them back? Will I have to rebuy them?

you can try the search on the item name, after a relog

if that's not helping might need to rebuild your inventory cache by clear it and let load again.

Or.. have a look at the inworld store to see if there's a redelivery terminal.

If no inworld store and your item is still not there, you can look at the seller's profile how to contact them, send a proof of purchase with it .

If the item is transfer, spare yourself the trouble. It will be gone and most won't replace it.

Occasionally, items appear to go "missing" from inventory.  Most likely, a lot of other things are missing as well, but you just haven't noticed it yet.

The first thing to try is to open another instance of the inventory window.  Use the little "gear" icon at the bottom of the inventory window to find this command.  Then you can close the original window if you like.  If the missing items now appear, you're good to go.  If not, then...

...see the advice at this link: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

(By the way, "missing" items are usually not missing at all.  Inventory is stored on LL servers.  Sometimes your local inventory cache gets corrupted, which makes it appear as if the items are missing...but they really are still safe on the LL servers.)

• Like 2

When Alwin says '...rebuild your inventory cache by clear it...' he doesn't point out that there is more than one cache used by the viewer. Clearing the Main Cache, that is easy to find, is a BIG MISTAKE.

The Lab has these suggestions for recovering inventory: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

The team that makes the Firestorm Viewer has a help page here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory This is similar but has more information and the steps for clearing your "Inventory Cache".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.