Female Clothes for Slink Male

Interregnums

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any so-called 'female' applier clothing that is either Slink compatible or has an Omega option will work on the Slink male body. I regularly use female applier pants on my avatar (added bonus of the Slink body being the built-in bulge, so it doesn't look as if you're tucking). You can also use female applier tops, although - if you don't want obvious boob shading - I suggest opting for either dark colours or being very selective about which stores you buy from. Sn@tch is a great store for that: Ivey's darker top appliers don't have much boob shading, relying on the underlying body to do the work in that regard.

An example for you: the top and pants in this look are both female applier ones, from Sn@tch. The boots are also ostensibly sold as female ones, but they're unrigged, so I could resize them to fit my Slink body. The shading on the top is subtle enough that it passes for pectoral shading:

23135430702_f6beef5f52_c.jpg

Another example. Female applier underbust corset and pants (Sn@tch) and female mesh boots (Rosal) on the male Slink body:

29812883662_9f3ca1faef_b.jpg

As to mesh clothing, your best bet is to either get in touch with the drag community in SL (if you want a curvier, more feminine-shaped male avatar), or simply demo everything. I've had mixed success with getting female mesh pants to fit the male Slink body. Usually I've found that the small female standard sizes work everywhere but at the base of the spine (which can be covered with a jacket or shirt) and since they're small the hips aren't too prominent or feminine. Boots can be trickier, although demoing the versions for curvier female avatars (such as the Belleza ones, or Slink Hourglass) can sometimes pull up something that doesn't dig in at the thighs.

If you simply want a more androgynous look, I suggest the Androgyne Initiative group and website. Keep an eye out, too, for the annual Femboi Hunt, which tends to cater for the more bishōnen type of avatar.

In short: it is possible. Just demo the hell out of everything!

ETA: Just remembered one store that does cater for this. Check out Violetility on Marketplace or inworld.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4

Another store that I just remembered makes female clothing to fit the male body (although I haven't tried it with the Slink body) is Schadenfreude. I know they have mesh corsets and thigh-high boots specifically for male avatars, and I also recall seeing a sundress at an event which also had a flat-chested male version included.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I have found that Sea Hole, on MP, is a good source of female clothing that fits my classic avatar with male skin, flat chest.   The clothes are really inexpensive and quite pretty.  Sharodie Designs is also quite good.  I have yet to decide on a mesh body and I am holding off until I learn more about mesh bodies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.