I can no longer use Second Life. Why?

Katrin Link

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I been trying to run second life with the standard  viewer and firestorm viewer. Both viewers keep on crashing on me when I try to run the program. It is only started to happen recently, ive been using Second Life for many years now and all of a sudden I can no longer run the program at all. Can anyone help me with this problem?

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Katrin Link said:

I been trying to run second life with the standard  viewer and firestorm viewer. Both viewers keep on crashing on me when I try to run the program. It is only started to happen recently, ive been using Second Life for many years now and all of a sudden I can no longer run the program at all. Can anyone help me with this problem?

if you don't give more information we can go write pages full of things it might be.. if you add your specs it might be easier to see if something isn't compatible

might be something simple as a failed update or... anything else

If you have a nvida graphics card especially the 1000 sere. check your driver version. If it's above or equal to 381.65 that can be your problem. downgrade to version below that and try it. if it works, do not update to newer for a while.

Or disable something from nvidia shadowplay or something like that can fix it to without downgrade. I have no problems.

As you can see from other answers so far, all we can do is make wild guesses.  You haven't told us anything at all about your computer or how you are connected to the Internet.  Most important, you have not explained what you mean by "crashing".  We can't guess when you are crashing, or whether you are even crashing at all, rather than disconnecting.  Exactly what happens?  When does it happen?  Exactly what messages do you get?  What's the last thing that happens?  What have you already tried?  What have you changed recently?

6 hours ago, Katrin Link said:

Both viewers keep on crashing on me when I try to run the program

How far do you get before it crashes?  Do you double-click the icon and nothing happens?  Do you get to the log on screen?  Do you get in world?  Does SL give you an error message?  Have you tried logging in to a different location (type "Rosedale" into the location for example)?  Have you tried using a different account (one more reason everyone should have an alt)?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.