Having issues when rezzing uploaded mesh

LouiseDeBlois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I am having a very small issue. 

I have created a hammer of sorts on Blender, experiemting, getting used to the program, I can upload it to secondlife fine, no issues when uploading but, the issues start when i attempt to rez the object. The object rezzes, but, is not visible, 100% invisible, even when on build mode, rezzing the object I can see it "Exists" but its completely invisible. 

Resizing the object, the resize sections are even further away from the initial object.

But, when i wear the object, I can see it perfectly. But, the X Y Z move tool to adjust it to my hand, it, once more, really far away from the object.

I have attached some images with the issue at hand. 

The first, being my blender file itself.

[IMAGES REMOVED PER POSTER]

Not sure about the invisible when rezzed issue but before you export next time (the beta grid - free - is your friend) in OBJECT mode, using the OBJECT tab, apply Location as well as Rotation and Scale and then TRANSFORM   Origin to Geometry. That might solve the issue. SO many things can go wrong when you are just starting :D.  You might also have a tiny bit of something far away that made its way into the file. To solve that (assuming it isn't joined to the main model) you can select the main model and then use the PRESET in the sidebar of the export screen to Export for Second LIfe and Opensim. 

origintogeometry.png

rotationandscale.png

• Like 1

Hey there, 

Thanks for the quick reply, I just did what you said and now it seems to be showing up when rezzed, plus, the Prim count has gone way down. No idea what was going on, but, I shall keep these useful tools in mind for next time.

Thanks again for the help!

Good. While I was "tubbing" I had another idea. You MIGHT have mistakenly uploaded as a RIGGED object when the item wasn't rigged. That could have caused some issues.  

Note it is ALWAYS good to apply location, rotation and scale as well as tranforming origin to geometer before exporting. Someone wrote that on the forums MANY  years ago and I have been doing it almost faithfully since then. Every now and then I forget and problems CAN happen.

Happy modeling.

• Like 2

On 23.4.2017 at 6:44 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Note it is ALWAYS good to apply location, rotation and scale as well as tranforming origin to geometer before exporting.

It can also be a good idea to apply scale before UV mapping. Blender can get terribly confused if you ask it to map an object with uneven scale.

Maybe I should mention that another issue that can cause the same symptoms are loose vertices. It's a good precaution make it a habit to select Delete Loose in the mesh menu in edit mode too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.